Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 04:52 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times

Advertisements

Paradise Bakery & Cafe will be opening a location at the east end of the new Kohl's in Coronado. Don't know the opening date, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
When you charge a $20 meal, it costs the shop owner at least $1, possibly more and
he may not get access to your payment for at least one billing cycle.

If that shop owner is paying $1 for a $20 transaction and waiting a billing cycle for payment, he/she is being shafted by their credit card processor. I'm a small volume seller, and the MAX I pay is $0.30/transaction and 2.9% discount - meaning I pay $0.88 for a $20 sale, and that's on-line - card swipe transaction discount rates are considerably lower. Access to the funds is generally within 2 business days for most Visa/Mastercard swipe transactions. Amex & Discover can take up to 5 days to show up in the merchant's bank account.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Another place that went the way of the dinosaur was Alamogordo's former IGA store. They had their own taqería/tortillaría that produced their own bagged tortilla chips (not a fan) and their own burritos (HUGE fan and huge burrito!). But Alamogordo's pretty much a 1 pony show now when it comes to grocery stores. Wal-Mart forced out Albertson's and Smith's, though both were always expensive and even compared to them up here. And Lowes (not the hardware store) bought out the IGA, which I'm not sure if even the Lowes is open in Alamo-ghetto, I mean Alamo-go-nowhere, I mean Alamogordo.

Yep. Lowe's is still here, and makes their own flour and corn tortillas/chips on the premises.

It's a good thing I can get everything I need here to cook at home, because there are NO good restaurants in Alamogordo, save Pepper's Grill and the not-too-bad Margo's.

Speaking of chains, they're building a new I-HOP. Never been to one, so I have no idea how they are.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 PM

90 posts, read 219,761 times
Hi I think who ever started this post should make it the official Albuquerque restaurant chain opening forum.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEABttn View Post
It's not really the same.

The closest I've found while I've been here is Empire Burrito on Golf Course, north of Paseo. It's really similar to a Chipotle or Qdoba, but more places that had burritos like that would be welcome. I don't want my burritos drowning in sauce please.
Just ate at Santa Fe Peppers in the North I-25 feedlot near Genghis, Pars, Jersey Jacks, etc.. As close as you can get to Chipotle.

Now if I could only locate some coupons..

Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM

20 posts, read 48,482 times
Default It looks like Chipotle hears our call...

Chipotle Mexican Grill | Maestas & Ward Real Estate

Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 PM

129 posts, read 264,193 times
Just convert Mc Donald's stores to accommodate Chipotle Mexican food.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:17 AM

923 posts, read 2,418,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmagyar View Post
I wonder where it will end up? If there's only one (to start with), I'd guess it would be over near Paseo & Wyoming, at ABQ Uptown, or near the new movie theater in Rio Rancho.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
I wonder where it will end up? If there's only one (to start with), I'd guess it would be over near Paseo & Wyoming, at ABQ Uptown, or near the new movie theater in Rio Rancho.
There's a lot of renovating going on where Steak & Ale used to be on Louisiana. It's getting a definite facelift and we've been speculating for some time what place would end up going in there; it's about the right square footage for a Chipotle.

As far as all the McDonald's talk, I don't believe McDonald's holds any ownership in Chipotle even if they once did, and the two restaurants share almost nothing in common, from ingredients, to staff, to format, to atmosphere, to value/pricing. This talk of combining them is almost like trying to sell Olive Garden food at Jack in the Box. Does not compute.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:08 PM

4,858 posts, read 4,794,690 times
Chipotle is a publicly traded company, with a stock price around $268.00/share. That's a P/E ratio of about 45x, which is fat growing tech stock territory and far too high for a restaurant stock to sustain for a long period without substantial increases in revenues and net income. Other restaurant stocks are in the 16-22x P/E range, with Starbucks and its exorbitant prices at 25x.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque