Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:57 PM

281 posts, read 629,065 times

Advertisements

I could go for a Culvers every now and then... wonder how we could entice THEM here?
-Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,180,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandyman View Post
I could go for a Culvers every now and then... wonder how we could entice THEM here?
-Z
I tried a Culver's two months ago in Menomonee Falls, WI. Their "Butterburger".

If I was the sort of person where every steak was ordered well done, or perhaps black as coal, then perhaps I might have liked it.

Unfortunately, I thought the burger meat was terrible (I never before understood the term "shoe leather"), forcing me to rank it at the bottom of my fast food burger hierarchy, below White Castle, Krystal Burger, and Burger King.

Culver's seems to thrive where there are very few choices for burgers; can't be a good sign for their longevity in this burger-saturated market.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 PM

281 posts, read 629,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Unfortunately, I thought the burger meat was terrible (I never before understood the term "shoe leather"), forcing me to rank it at the bottom of my fast food burger hierarchy, below White Castle, Krystal Burger, and Burger King.
Culver's burgers are just okay. Culvers frozen yogurt concoctions are excellent.

-Z

Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,448,940 times
Have you tried Chillz? Their frozen yogurt is really good.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 AM

713 posts, read 1,845,551 times
Wow...for those that don't like smothered burritos...just order the chile on the side!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:21 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,477 times
At home when I was little we never had our burritos smothered in chile. I always just assumed it was a matter of presentation at restaurants. APS cafeterias are the only other place where I've had smothered burritos.

To me, at home, burritos most often consisted of fried meat and potatoes with green chile. For breakfast it was a burrito of scrambled eggs, sausage and Pace Picante sauce. A simple burrito we'd often have was made only with slices of avocado. My sisters liked making a simple burrito with only strips of green chile. We'd also have chicharron, carne adovada, and fajita burritos on occasion. And of course there's the classic refried beans with cheese. But we never smothered them in anything.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 PM

22 posts, read 47,243 times
I remember my cousins making burritos out of peanut butter and jelly, they would also make sandwhiches with only mustard in it, they were pretty poor.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:15 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,707,618 times
Don't agree on Chipotles, I have had it before and I don't think its anything special, you all know its owned by McDonalds right? Panera would be nice and they have good food but are a bit pricy IMO. Maybe a White Castle lol.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,448,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Don't agree on Chipotles, I have had it before and I don't think its anything special, you all know its owned by McDonalds right? .

Has not been owned ( and it was only majority owned, not fully owned ) by McDonald's for more than 4 years.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:35 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,707,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
Has not been owned ( and it was only majority owned, not fully owned ) by McDonald's for more than 4 years.
Ok whatever, its still nothing special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque