U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 05:11 PM

5 posts, read 25,147 times

Advertisements

Hi. We are relocating to the area (Los Lunas) from Ohio. I am not very familiar with the area, and am looking for a mom's group for Los Lunas or the surrounding area. Is it considered South Abq? Not too sure what to search for.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 PM

371 posts, read 1,886,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomof4 View Post
Hi. We are relocating to the area (Los Lunas) from Ohio. I am not very familiar with the area, and am looking for a mom's group for Los Lunas or the surrounding area. Is it considered South Abq? Not too sure what to search for.

Thanks!
Did you check this link? How do I join the MOMS Club?

I guess you have to now email them to find out if there's one near you. I think they use to have a search engine or maybe I'm thinking of M.O.P.S. (Mothers of preschoolers). M.O.P.S. is a Christian based organization and I believe they usually meet at a local church. Check them out also. Good luck. Mom's groups are great!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM

5 posts, read 25,147 times
thanks! when i did a search i did a los lunas one...nothing came up. i will search the link you provided.
thank you.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:24 PM

741 posts, read 2,733,746 times
Quote:
Is it considered South Abq?
Los Lunas is definitely not South ABQ, and far enough away (appx 25 miles) that most wouldn't consider it a suburb either. It is its own independent community.

Chap

Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 14,512 times
Default what did you find out

I, too, am new to Valencia County--1 year new and new to motherhood. Would like to find a Mom's Group. What have you found out?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 AM

371 posts, read 1,886,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
I, too, am new to Valencia County--1 year new and new to motherhood. Would like to find a Mom's Group. What have you found out?
There is a M.O.P.S. (Mothers of Preschoolers) that meet in Belen. Google M.O.P.S. and under groups you can do a search for the nearest city to where you live. Good luck!!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM

79 posts, read 304,155 times
Default try sending an e-mail anyways

I belong to the MOMS Club in Rio Rancho. I can tell you the site MOMSClub.org will not have every chapter listed as there are new chapters coming up all the time. The only real way to find the one nearset you is to e-mail them and someone will get back back to you with information about the chapter nearest you.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 6,936 times
Default hello, mrsmomof4, and other New Mexico "locals"!

I am a new member to this forum and am interested in relocating to the Los Lunas area from Ohio myself. I am in the works with transfering with the company I work for, which has a shop in Los Lunas. I'd like to know if you did manage to move yet, which town/village you reside in, how you like the location, weather, all that jazz... I am planning on visiting the area in October, during the balloonfest, and would love to know what all everyone thinks.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:20 AM

34 posts, read 130,254 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Los Lunas is NOT considered South ABQ, but it is definitely one of ABQ's bedroom communities as most of its residents work in ABQ. It is a suburb of ABQ separated from ABQ only by the Isleta Indian Reservation.

I lived there several years and it is a nice community, with an easy commute into ABQ, if you live near I-25.

Los Lunas is the largest municipality in Valencia County and it is growing quickly. If you are in the city limits you will have good law enforcement protection and fire protection. If you live in rural Los Lunas, it is not so good.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Her

293 posts, read 781,044 times
i dont have time to post much now since im on my way out the door. I will later. I have made several posts regarding Los Lunas. Its not too desirable of a location. Perhaps check out the new housing developments or consider living in Bosque Farms and driving 10 minutes to work to Los Lunas. Bosque Farms is much cleaner and the law enforcement is better. There are "shady" parts of Los Lunas to avoid. More later....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque