Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:59 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,514,740 times

Advertisements

I've dealt with California's and Arizona's at least twice in the past four years (plate renewal issues and transfer of vehicle ownership). On the plus side, my AZ drivers license doesn't expire until I'm 65...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 PM

5 posts, read 6,538 times
Default smiths

I once found $40 dollars change in the self check out.. also the smiths in Rio Rancho. I handed it to the lady working. She told me that she marks how much money was found, and where it was at then stick it in the safe. When someone comes to claim it, she will have them tell her what machine they were at and how much money was there. She once told me a little boy walked up to her with 20 dollars he had found on the floor, and she said she could tell the mom was mad (mom wanted to keep the money). As soon as the little boy handed in the money the man that was previously at the machine came back in saying he forgot his change. The 20 was returned and the man gave the little boy 5 dollars as a reward

Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 PM

923 posts, read 2,422,943 times
A couple of years ago, I was at a drive-up ATM on a weekend. I got distracted with a conversation and drove off, leaving my ATM card in the machine! I didn't realize it until a few minutes later. I made a U-turn to go back to the bank and noticed someone was following me trying to wave me down. I pulled into a parking lot and the driver of the other car got out and handed me my ATM card! He was right behind me at the ATM so he took off after me to make sure I got my card back!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM

295 posts, read 592,776 times
I guess shopping at Smith's is a whole lot better than working there, says my son. Who was a bagger there for his senior year in high school.

I do think there are great honest people all over Albuquerque, but Smith's is a fantastic example. I have been shopping there since Safeway and Furr's closed in New Mexico, so that is some good news to hear.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM

146 posts, read 326,323 times
My son found an ipod nano at the balloon fiesta and posted it on craigslist. The owner identified it by naming the movies that were on it (and they were obscure, lol). We met the owner at Starbucks to return it, and he tried to give my son a $40 reward. My son (who is 10) told him to donate it to his church or favorite charity, but he did let the guy buy him a hot chocolate at Starbucks. Both ipod owner and my son were thrilled with the way that worked out.

There are good people all over the place.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 AM

908 posts, read 2,856,751 times
Had a similar experience recently where a guy found a substantial check I had paid to a vendor out in a parking lot. He worked for a local business and left me a message saying I could pick up the check at the store's register. I left him a piece of my artwork as a token of thanks and he left another message of sincere thanks for the gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque