Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,520,768 times

Advertisements

Poncho, couldn't get your videos to work but thanks for trying always enjoy your pictures. Can skip the million $ house you need a crew to maintain one and we are DIY people. After years of country living ready for some closer amenities than a 15 mile rt drive for loaf of bread. Doesn't sound like Corrales offers that option. Any suggestions for neighborhoods in Abq. hear alot about Nob Hill for older homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 01:22 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,967,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
Poncho, couldn't get your videos to work but thanks for trying always enjoy your pictures.
Working OK on my systems... Try clicking just on the URL's below the picture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hW5LOkJE14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQfttbxj9gU

Quote:
After years of country living ready for some closer amenities than a 15 mile rt drive for loaf of bread. Doesn't sound like Corrales offers that option.
Depending on where you look in Corrales, major shopping and Cottonwood Mall can be 3 miles or less away. You might quickly go through that area...

EXAMPLE MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/SC1FM

Quote:
Any suggestions for neighborhoods in Abq. hear alot about Nob Hill for older homes?
I've gone along Central Avenue in Nob Hill a lot over the years, a lot of older stores and places to eat, a good place to take newcomers. In fact my daughter and granddaughter are coming next week to visit, that is on their list of places they want to go back to (They lived out here about 14 years, moved to east coast, and now miss the area)... Looking at houses, they seem to go for about $215,000 and up. Small houses, some nice neighborhoods. Not rural or close to being rural.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 06-13-2014 at 06:45 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 06:27 PM

Thanks Poncho, videos worked this time Loved the roasting chile peppers made me want to be there in the fall. But this year it is a July trip anything special happening we should catch? We do plan on driving through Corrales and checking out Nob Hill any other suggestions for areas? Excited about being out in NM again, missed last year and I'm overdo.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:00 PM

2,079 posts, read 2,405,501 times
Quote:
Poncho, couldn't get your videos to work but thanks for trying always enjoy your pictures. Can skip the million $ house you need a crew to maintain one and we are DIY people. After years of country living ready for some closer amenities than a 15 mile rt drive for loaf of bread. Doesn't sound like Corrales offers that option. Any suggestions for neighborhoods in Abq. hear alot about Nob Hill for older homes?
You should also check out North Valley (just as expensive as Corrales but a little closer to amenities), Downtown area including Albuquerque Country Club, area around Old Town, and Ridgecrest just east of Nob Hill. Really depends on your budget, what you define as an older home, and your tolerance for crime as some of the older neighborhoods are more edgy.

If you want an early 1900's home, there are a good number of these between Central and Lomas just west of downtown. If fixed up, the homes are likely to be expensive but you could look for a fixer upper. There are not a lot of them that go on the market. The neighborhood is nice but I'm sure they have to contend with more crime like most downtown neighborhoods.

Last edited by ABQ2015; 06-15-2014 at 01:14 PM..

Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Thanks will check out. Not a subdivision person and want a smaller house with some yard for gardening. We once walked in a neighborhood off Carlisle seemed nice but don't know if it had a name. It was near a park suprised me as Carlisle was sooo busy and a block or so over very different.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:47 AM

686 posts, read 1,106,733 times
Quote:
Thanks will check out. Not a subdivision person and want a smaller house with some yard for gardening. We once walked in a neighborhood off Carlisle seemed nice but don't know if it had a name. It was near a park suprised me as Carlisle was sooo busy and a block or so over very different.
Sounds like you are describing Altura Park, maybe? Very nice area; homes on the park are pricey, but nice, but on some of the streets there are smaller, more affordable homes.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 PM

Cross street with Carlisle very busy think there was drugstore on the corner. Thanks will see if I can locate on a map, it was couple years ago so kind of fuzzy.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,462,479 times
Quote:
Cross street with Carlisle very busy think there was drugstore on the corner. Thanks will see if I can locate on a map, it was couple years ago so kind of fuzzy.
Carlisle and Lomas/Monte Vista. There are actually two drugstores: a Walgreens and the Model Pharmacy, an old-time compounding pharmacy with a soda fountain. You either mean Bataan Park, which is a big, open flat park along Lomas perfect for soccer practices, or McDuffie Park AKA "Hidden Park", which is located at the center of a block of homes and accessible by numerous pedestrian walkways. It's mostly a dog park now, but very quiet and unique...all of the neighborhoods along Carlisle or Lomas in that part of the city are quiet and peaceful.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM

Think that was it. Walked up past open park very nice area with attractive homes. Does it have a name?

Old 06-20-2014, 11:04 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,462,479 times
Quote:
Think that was it. Walked up past open park very nice area with attractive homes. Does it have a name?
The neighborhood? Summit Park to the west of Carlisle, northern Nob Hill south of Lomas...I'm not sure about the area east of Carlisle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque