U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 11:26 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,800,668 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque copper thief likely injured by jolt - The San Diego Union-Tribune
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 PM

60 posts, read 57,090 times
I do feel bad about that, I mean, I am a pro-rehabilitative justice liberal kind of guy, but theivery is getting so bad in ABQ that it wears my patience thin and makes it hard to be as sympathetic !! Only human

Old 02-20-2018, 09:18 AM

26,479 posts, read 44,618,522 times
Six more ART buses arrive in Albuquerque; four still to come
By Maddy Hayden / Journal Staff Writer
Updated: Monday, February 19th, 2018 at 10:57pm

Quote:
Six Albuquerque Rapid Transit buses traveling in a convoy made the nearly 800-mile drive from Lancaster, Calif., to their new home in Albuquerque this weekend, arriving late Sunday night.

The buses are 60 feet long and fully electric. Trucks pulling generators followed the convoy to charge the buses during the trip from Lancaster, Calif.

Hernandez said the trip took around two-and-a-half days to complete, with the buses stopping every 210 miles to charge batteries.
The entire article is at: https://www.abqjournal.com/1135818/s...eady-here.html

Old 02-20-2018, 01:39 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,822,031 times
Can I get a senior pass for a year?

Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
Can I get a senior pass for a year?
You can ride ABQ RIDE or ART for only $0.35 one way, or buy a discounted monthly pass... There is more info here: https://www.cabq.gov/transit/fares-b...tizen-discount

Old 02-21-2018, 06:26 PM

City says ART project under investigation
By Ryan Boetel / Journal Staff Writer
Updated: Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 at 3:38pm

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The city of Albuquerque on Wednesday confirmed there is an ongoing investigation into the Albuquerque Rapid Transit system. The investigation, being done by city Inspector General David Harper, is examining the process and planning for the system. That includes a review of the funding and procurement related to construction and the buses, according to a statement from the city. The statement said the investigation’s findings will be made public once it is completed."

Entire story at: https://www.abqjournal.com/1136412/i...t-project.html

Old 02-26-2018, 04:27 PM

3,690 posts, read 8,061,059 times
One aspect of the ART debacle that has not been mentioned much is landowners along the route.

I wonder how easy it would be to find instances where developers snapped up lots along the route where the business closed, not because they wanted to move in, but because they expected land values to skyrocket after ART was completed.

Then to cross-reference these developers with their political donations.. might make for some fascinating reading.

The joke may end up being on the speculators- with Albuquerque's economy still on the ropes, a crime wave, and a lemon of a bus fleet, they may end up losing their shirts in spite of what seemed like a savvy bet.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:53 PM

7 posts, read 3,540 times
Buying property along Central has to be a dumb move. I read a very interesting statistical analysis of crime in the ABQ area, and almost 30% of all area crime occurs within a 1/2 mile of Central. Until that changes nothing good will come of Central. Especially since it showed a high concentration of repeat offenders living within that 1/2 mile of Central.
Google "ABQ i-Team Report", it's a real eye-opener.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:21 AM

3,690 posts, read 8,061,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrftr View Post
Buying property along Central has to be a dumb move. I read a very interesting statistical analysis of crime in the ABQ area, and almost 30% of all area crime occurs within a 1/2 mile of Central.
And over 50% of all shoplifting occurs within a 1/2 mile of businesses.

The 30% statistic is meaningless, for it could likewise apply to either paradise or Detroit. Central is where the city goes when they're not at home. Absolute numbers should be the target, rather than some mystery percentage (eliminating all crime except that near Central would push the 30% to 100% but it would still be a worthwhile accomplishment).

Quote:
Google "ABQ i-Team Report", it's a real eye-opener.
Took a lot more googling than necessary. If you're referring to the KOB report (maybe 5th or 6th on the links returned), it was mildly interesting.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 PM

7 posts, read 3,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
And over 50% of all shoplifting occurs within a 1/2 mile of businesses.

The 30% statistic is meaningless, for it could likewise apply to either paradise or Detroit. Central is where the city goes when they're not at home. Absolute numbers should be the target, rather than some mystery percentage (eliminating all crime except that near Central would push the 30% to 100% but it would still be a worthwhile accomplishment).

Took a lot more googling than necessary. If you're referring to the KOB report (maybe 5th or 6th on the links returned), it was mildly interesting.
Try this: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/68fb1...2341e4f16b.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or