U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 07:12 PM

9,333 posts, read 5,023,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post

Summerfest in Nob Hill recently was successful and crowded, while that whole stretch of Rt. 66 was closed to traffic. Somehow people managed to get there in large numbers without driving or parking on Central. And yet Nob Hill business owners want us to believe that ART will hurt their businesses? Come on.
The logistics of moving people by shuttle from Park and Ride (Lomas and Univ.) for Summerfest is far different from the daily mess of bumper to bumper cars after ART. There won't be a shuttle moving people to Central Ave. after ART.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 09:07 AM

3,687 posts, read 5,350,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The logistics of moving people by shuttle from Park and Ride (Lomas and Univ.) for Summerfest is far different from the daily mess of bumper to bumper cars after ART. There won't be a shuttle moving people to Central Ave. after ART.
Guess what-- there will be ART to shuttle them to Nob Hill! AND Rapid Ride! Problem solved. Thanks for making my point.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:33 PM

366 posts, read 772,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Election day won't come soon enough for a number of Albuquerque residents.

Not the presidential one later this year, the one in October 2017, where we elect a new mayor. ART could very well be the leading issue.

We may not even end up with a candidate who pledges to keep it, but rather squabbling between who would repeal and revert it harder and faster.

Given that it's an off-year election, I bet we'll get a bigger turnout than the 60k-ish that turned out for the last one.

Wonder if Mayor Marty wants his old job back.
The best you will get is a, "We will look at the data and consider it." No one is going to win on "We are going to spend money undoing a $120+ million transit project as soon as it is completed".

I doubt he wants his old job back, but the timing works out well for a run at Governor.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:36 PM

3,690 posts, read 8,048,605 times
Default Wow! That was fast!

10th circuit court of appeals puts a temporary injunction to the city, delaying the start of ART construction.

10th Circuit Court of Appeals orders temporary halt to ART work | Albuquerque Journal

Sorry, pro-ART activists, but the beast is not only still alive but it's got bigger teeth than you thought.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
10th circuit court of appeals puts a temporary injunction to the city, delaying the start of ART construction.

10th Circuit Court of Appeals orders temporary halt to ART work | Albuquerque Journal

Sorry, pro-ART activists, but the beast is not only still alive but it's got bigger teeth than you thought.
Key word: "temporary." The anti-ART "activists" know they are doomed.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:40 PM

9,333 posts, read 5,023,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Guess what-- there will be ART to shuttle them to Nob Hill! AND Rapid Ride! Problem solved. Thanks for making my point.
Will those be free from a free park and ride lot? I think your comparison to SummerFest crowds is not valid.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Will those be free from a free park and ride lot? I think your comparison to SummerFest crowds is not valid.
If you factor in buying a car, insurance, and gas to drive to the park and ride lot to get the "free shuttle", it is really "free"?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:30 PM

From KOB news:

"Heavy construction will finally start next month on Albuquerque's Rapid Transit project.
Bradbury Stamm, the general contractor for the project, is also detailing where the construction will be.
Starting Oct. 17, crews will begin removing medians near UNM, in Nob Hill and just outside Nob Hill.
The statement from the construction company says they plan to have at least one lane of traffic open in each direction during construction.
Crews will move to other areas of Central on Oct. 24 and Nov. 14.
The goal is to get as much work completed in Old Town and Nob Hill before Thanksgiving."

Albuquerque Rapid Transit begins in October | KOB.com

Old 09-22-2016, 11:08 AM

16,616 posts, read 19,439,282 times
If they can complete the Old Town to Nob Hill section between Oct. 17th and Thanksgiving, or even Christmas, I will be more than impressesed.

I won't hold my breath, though.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 PM

60 posts, read 56,867 times
Default Why has the ART project on Central been the target of so much hate?

This city has been laughably UN-walkable for way too long. It's about time we're actually investing in some alternative transportation projects.

I prefer to use the NMRX to get to UNM and that is only after I drive the 10-15 minute drive there from my house and only when it's at the very specific times.

It's sickening that people would actually be outraged by giving commuters more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or