Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 03:17 PM

150 posts, read 254,062 times

Advertisements

My employer provides free bus passes, so I've been experimenting with taking the bus to work for the past month. Granted, I choose the location of my house to be convenient to transit, but the experience has exceeded my expectations. My impression of the #5 and #11 buses over the past month is that they are reliable, safe, and clean (comparable to San Francisco in those regards, the city where I have the most transit experience). With ABQRide's live-tracking app (which appears to have just been updated today so you can live track multiple lines simultaneously), riding the bus to my office is now more convenient than driving or biking. I can time it so I arrive at the bus stop moments before the bus arrives. It is so convenient, that I've even been coming home for lunch now, bringing work with me to read on the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 03:32 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,456,027 times
I agree, Abraxas - the live-tracking app is pretty awesome! I've been using it for a couple years, but the multi-line tracking - which has been around a few weeks at least - really does enhance its utility. And the app makes the entire system feel more reliable.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:30 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,100,082 times
Also to add, ABQ Ride is available on "Transit App," which is an app developed by some cool guys in Montréal, it is a great transit planning service and free. I've used it in Albuquerque, Montréal, Québec and now in Rennes, France. Many cities are included including our own! Transit App also has live bus locations and arrival times available, though I don't know that they've brought that into their Albuquerque region set yet, but i have used it to plan trips from one part of Albuquerque to another and then used the main app to track buses live once i embark. I actually prefer it to Googlemaps for planning trips. Apps like these are really making transit more accessible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque