U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:08 AM

31 posts, read 22,310 times

Advertisements

Never will Amazon move to New Mexico. Why DFW area is planning to keep them there . Amazon is planning on expanding there fulfilment center and opening Amazon brick and mortar stores in the DFW area. I'm Not sure which city counsel, Dallas or Ft Worth, maybe both, but one of them is planning a very large mass transit project. I heard with trains that will go by all the major employers, design with Amazon in mind. There doing some aggressive planning in the DFW area(s)

Also corporate taxes are less in Texas, no state employment taxes either. Which means happy employees.

Last edited by jcsrnm; 10-13-2017 at 01:19 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 11:06 PM

6,193 posts, read 9,285,998 times
Now that almost a year has passed, I think now is the time to revisit the subject. It appears that Albuquerque is one of the last major metropolitan areas without an Amazon fulfillment center. I heard Amazon is actually opening a fulfillment center in Tucson, and I wonder, could Albuquerque not be far behind? A fulfillment center in Albuquerque could provide some relief to the Phoenix fulfillment centers (which ships many packages to Albuquerque); here in the Phoenix area we are lately getting a lot of shipments from the Inland Empire of California (San Bernardino, Eastvale, Moreno Valley, Redlands, and Rialto) due to the demand that the Phoenix area fulfillment centers are unable to handle.

Interestingly, we never get packages from the Las Vegas area (the return address on the shipping label is not where the item shipped out of; it is the designated returns center for the package in case the package gets lost or stolen). Other than packages that ship by air, the ground packages that we get besides Phoenix and the Inland Empire are at typically Northern California and select (not all) fulfillment centers in Texas.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 08-18-2018 at 11:15 PM..

Old 08-19-2018, 12:57 PM

26,532 posts, read 45,358,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Now that almost a year has passed, I think now is the time to revisit the subject. It appears that Albuquerque is one of the last major metropolitan areas without an Amazon fulfillment center.
Once again, that is just your opinion.... And a bunch of wondering.

We do a lot of shopping with Amazon because of the good service we have received. They seem to know what they are doing. I hope they continue on whatever path of success they seem to have created.

Missouri does not have an Amazon Fulfillment Center.

Of interest is this warehouse locations list: https://www.avalara.com/trustfile/en...locations.html

Old 08-19-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Missouri does not have an Amazon Fulfillment Center[/url]
However, the Kansas City metropolitan area has Amazon fulfillment centers, they just happen to be on the Kansas side of the border.

And actually, Amazon recently announced they will be opening their first fulfillment center in Missouri.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:21 PM

3,631 posts, read 3,201,982 times
It's pretty simple. Amazon will build a fulfillment center here when there is sufficient demand here for one. Today, that demand does not exist.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:25 PM

26,532 posts, read 45,358,552 times
Quote:
And actually, Amazon recently announced they will be opening their first fulfillment center in Missouri.
Saying you gonna do it and doing it are two different things...

Old 08-19-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
It's pretty simple. Amazon will build a fulfillment center here when there is sufficient demand here for one. Today, that demand does not exist.
Do you have any hard data to back up your claims? The Phoenix fulfillment centers are overloaded with demand not just from within Arizona but from elsewhere that we often have to feed off the Inland Empire in California for our Two-Day Prime orders, sometimes even when the Phoenix fulfillment centers apparently have the item in stock. Those Phoenix area fulfillment centers fulfill a lot of Albuquerque orders, leaving not enough inventory for our local orders which could potentially be used for Free Same-Day or One-Day orders. A fulfillment center in Albuquerque could provide relief for one of the Phoenix area fulfillment centers.

Also, I highly doubt there is significantly more demand in Tucson than there is in Albuquerque.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 AM

3,631 posts, read 3,201,982 times
Quote:
Do you have any hard data to back up your claims? The Phoenix fulfillment centers are overloaded with demand not just from within Arizona but from elsewhere that we often have to feed off the Inland Empire in California for our Two-Day Prime orders, sometimes even when the Phoenix fulfillment centers apparently have the item in stock. Those Phoenix area fulfillment centers fulfill a lot of Albuquerque orders, leaving not enough inventory for our local orders which could potentially be used for Free Same-Day or One-Day orders. A fulfillment center in Albuquerque could provide relief for one of the Phoenix area fulfillment centers.

Also, I highly doubt there is significantly more demand in Tucson than there is in Albuquerque.

Do you have hard data to back up your claims?

The statement made by Yukon (#4) is still valid.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Do you have hard data to back up your claims?

The statement made by Yukon (#4) is still valid.
I can confirm that I get a large portion my orders from the Inland Empire because the local fulfillment centers can't handle the demand of orders. Sometimes even when the local fulfillment centers have the item in stock they will still ship from the Inland Empire. Building a fulfillment center in Albuquerque would provide relief for those Phoenix area fulfillment centers, allowing them to have more stock to fulfill local orders that can be used for Same-Day/One-Day deliveries.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:19 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,500,976 times
I think not as NM doesn't have a lot of high income earners. NM is a poor state. AZ, TX, and CO are larger metropolitan areas with better infrastructure, a more educated workforce, as well as a larger market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque