Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 01:30 PM

20 posts, read 20,441 times

Advertisements

Hello does anyone know which rental car place in Albuquerque rents a car with a debit card only, does no credit check? I was able to rent cars at Dollar rent a car in California all the time, not sure if they will do it here though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 01:35 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,183,515 times
As long as you have a visa or MasterCard logo on there, I believe you can get one if you prepay on something like a Priceline. They'll want the physical card to hold a deposit on the car, but that's your best shot.

No guarantees. Rental cars are the iffiest part of travel, in my experience.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:38 PM

20 posts, read 20,441 times
thank you Ziodberg, great idea about Priceline. would not have thought about that! Thank you so much again!!!

Old 11-05-2017, 06:49 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
As long as you have a visa or MasterCard logo on there, I believe you can get one if you prepay on something like a Priceline. They'll want the physical card to hold a deposit on the car, but that's your best shot.

No guarantees. Rental cars are the iffiest part of travel, in my experience.
This works if one is renting from the airport. However, be prepared for a hefty deposit on the card. The only one who will not charge a deposit is Alamo. The rest of the car companies will authorize anywhere from an additional 20% of the rental to $500 plus the amount of the rental. Which means bank funds will be tied up from 3-10 days depending on the length of the rental and the bank. Also, the renter will need to provide a round trip airline ticket.

If it's a local resident/rental, one will need to use Enterprise. Used to be, Enterprise would hold $250 plus the rental amount, and needed a copy of a current bank statement and recent utility bill, all showing the same address. I don't know if that policy has changed or not since it's been about 2 years since I had to do this.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:44 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winecooler View Post
thank you Ziodberg, great idea about Priceline. would not have thought about that! Thank you so much again!!!
Read the policies in the fine print. Most car rental companies address the Visa/Mastercard debit card issue. If you don't find the policy on the Priceline site, it will be on the car company site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: