Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM

416 posts, read 1,399,036 times

Advertisements

I really need to get into a dentist and to make it clear how much I hate dentists....I'd rather get a weekly pap then go to the dentist! Sorry to be so blunt, but now you know! I tried to see one prior to moving, but the jerk wouldn't give me anything more then nitrous oxide and I wanted to kill him for it. I need to be knocked out, period! I just want to get in and get this tooth taken care of. Can anyone recommend a sedation dentist. I'm in Rio Rancho, but happy to go wherever to see a dentist that is willing to do it my way...and hopefully takes our dental insurance, too!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 04:20 PM

153 posts, read 759,330 times
Do you mean general anesthesia? I thought you had to be an oral surgeon to do it, have you had a family dentist do it for you? General anesthesia can be risky, maybe you should look into finding a Hypnotherapist that could teach you some sort of meditation to go into while getting work done.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:31 PM

153 posts, read 759,330 times
Well I guess they do, here is one who "specializes" in it...(LOL) guess I've been being tortured since I was 8 yrs old with retainers, lip bumpers, braces, quad helix, cracked teeth...etc, so I can handle any dentist now days, maybe call this guy....

Dr. Wilcox, DDS - "No Fear" Promise & Sedation Dentistry

Old 03-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDesert View Post
Do you mean general anesthesia? I thought you had to be an oral surgeon to do it, have you had a family dentist do it for you? General anesthesia can be risky, maybe you should look into finding a Hypnotherapist that could teach you some sort of meditation to go into while getting work done.
I mean I don't want to have a clue what's happening! No, I have not had a family dentist do it. I've been out cold before and under anestesia for surgery. I do just fine. I've tried all sorts of happy things to make the dentist tolerable. None work.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDesert View Post
Well I guess they do, here is one who "specializes" in it...(LOL) guess I've been being tortured since I was 8 yrs old with retainers, lip bumpers, braces, quad helix, cracked teeth...etc, so I can handle any dentist now days, maybe call this guy....

Dr. Wilcox, DDS - "No Fear" Promise & Sedation Dentistry
Thanks! I hadn't seen this one, yet. I assume you haven't had any experience with him?

I'll check him out and check with our dental insurance.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 AM

5 posts, read 35,375 times
Default Dentist Recommendation Albuquerque Area

I recently moved to Albuquerque and am looking for dentist recommendations. I'm not too concerned about where they're located in the city - I'm willing to travel for quality care.
Thanks!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,780 times
Insurance?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 PM

14 posts, read 68,706 times
Cabezon Dental in Rio Rancho is a fairly decent practice. Cabezon Dental LLC

Speak w/the Dr. or one of her assistants though as the office manager seems to be off in her own little world.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,780 times
There's always Dr. Tom (as advertised on KKOB)

Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM

6 posts, read 16,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox1207 View Post
I recently moved to Albuquerque and am looking for dentist recommendations. I'm not too concerned about where they're located in the city - I'm willing to travel for quality care.
Thanks!
Mark Walker, DDS
6830 Montgomery NE, Suite D
881-0334
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque