Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2022, 01:46 PM

104 posts, read 106,525 times

Advertisements

I just arrived today in Albuquerque and would appreciate any helpful recommendations as listed in my title.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 10:18 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,065 times
What part of town you livin', John? Old Town wash still full service. Most others being bought out by self-service outfit.

Old 04-26-2022, 02:50 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am staying at the ESA by the airport (temporarily). This morning I went to a Mister Car Wash, which they did an ok job.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:09 PM

4,863 posts, read 4,801,062 times
There are just two Toyota dealerships in Albuquerque. Until recently, they were part of the same Larry Miller ownership group, but one was sold a month or so ago and is now Sandia. I haven't used either.

https://www.americantoyota.com/
https://www.group1auto.com/dealershi...lbuquerque-nm/

I wash my own car and am not taking on any new customers.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
There are just two Toyota dealerships in Albuquerque. Until recently, they were part of the same Larry Miller ownership group, but one was sold a month or so ago and is now Sandia. I haven't used either.

https://www.americantoyota.com/
https://www.group1auto.com/dealershi...lbuquerque-nm/

I wash my own car and am not taking on any new customers.
Thanks for the helpful information. I went online last night and the Sandia Dealership did show up. My Camry will need routine servicing plus front-end alignment in a couple of weeks.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:05 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,407,431 times
I like Rain Tunnel Car Wash on Lomas just west of San Mateo. But it's not drive-through, they put it through for you. Lately they've been short-staffed so there can be a wait. I remember trying Mister a while ago and thought it was a rip-off.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I like Rain Tunnel Car Wash on Lomas just west of San Mateo. But it's not drive-through, they put it through for you. Lately they've been short-staffed so there can be a wait. I remember trying Mister a while ago and thought it was a rip-off.
Yes, I am in agreement with you. When my car was finished going through the wash tunnel, there was still dirt on my rear bumper and wheel well area. For as much as you pay, you would think they could do a better job. I will have to keep an eye on the Rain Tunnel and give it a try next time, thanks for your reply.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:20 AM

I ended up going to Mike's Carwash on Louisiana Blvd this morning and do have to admit that I had spent 1/2 of what I spent at Mr. Car Wash and had a positive experience at Mike's, their high-pressure hoses do a fine job knocking off bird crap and plain ole dirt, they do take cash/cards. I did end up making an appointment at Sandia Toyota for next Monday for servicing and front-end alignment.

Old 05-04-2022, 04:21 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,407,431 times
I also use Mike's for a quick $2 DIY job, but prefer a place that can dry the car for you. On Wyoming between Harper and Paseo there is a place (forget the name--Quickshine?) where for $10 you drive onto a conveyor into the car wash, and they have blowers at the end. Still need to wipe dry some areas afterwards.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:28 AM

13 posts, read 16,328 times
Cool Yea, Mike's is the place

I've been using Mike's on Louisiana for years and it is still my pick for a carwash. I have tried several of the drive-thru places and had nothing but bad luck. One place literally ripped the tire off the rim on my car. They did replace it with no argument, but my car was laid up while they got a matching tire (I didn't want to drive on a donut spare). Hassle! Then about a month ago I tried the new Quickshine on Wyoming just north of Harper but my car still had very dirty rims when they were done. I asked the attendant why the wheels were not washed and he told me I had to pay extra beyond the base wash to have the wheels washed. Not going there again. I'll spend the time it takes to do it myself at Mike's and know that I get a good wash job at a reasonable cost. I bought some leather chamois and a wheel brush off of Ali-Express and they make washing and drying the car real easy, only takes about 6-8 minutes max.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: