Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
"Westside Pollen" would be a good gang name.
Hehehehe....

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM

Default Runnin Nose & Watery Eyes?

East side E-mail Pollen notification from the City of Albuquerque
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Reading date: 03/04/2009
This is a City of Albuquerque Pollen Notification. Visit us at http://www.cabq.gov/airquality

Pollen types Count Rank
------------ ----- ----
Juniper/Cedar 1746 Very high
Ash 11 Low
Elm 23 Medium

Enjoy!

Rich

Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,913,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Enjoy!

Rich

Achoo.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:47 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,628,712 times
Is anyone else getting spammed by the CABQ pollen email? I got 2 the other day, then 4 the next day, then 8 or so, and today there must have been 20 of the same email.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Is anyone else getting spammed by the CABQ pollen email? I got 2 the other day, then 4 the next day, then 8 or so, and today there must have been 20 of the same email.
Nope.

I've been getting it normally for years....

You sure you didn't sign up 8 times

Rich

Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 AM

74 posts, read 200,153 times
i've been wondering why i wanted to rip my eyes out lately...thx guys!! =)

Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 11,595 times
Does local bee pollen help? has anyone tried this before?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:47 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,628,712 times
FYI, in case anyone is having major allergy problems and Claratin and Zyrtec aren't helping and you're loosing your voice - ignore the advertising and try something else.

One of my coworkers and I have discovered that the good old allergy drug Chlortrimeton (chlorpheniramine maleate) works MUCH better out here for us. You might also try Tavist (clemastine). The ChlorTrimeton won't make you drowsy after you've taken it a few days, so we started our regime on Saturday. By Monday, we were fine (both of us). Not sure if Tavist causes drowsiness or not.

Using a saline spray regularly helps - try Simply Saline, as it has no preservatives (the preservatives in Ocean Spray and other brands can make you allergy worse). A nasal rinse once or twice daily really helps. Options include a neti pot (too weird for me), NeilMed Sinus Rinse and SinuCleanse (my fave). Neil Med is available most everywhere, SinuCleanse can be found at most Smith's. Prices are about the same for both.

Try FloNase (prescription) or NasalCrom (over the counter). They don't work immediately, but will take a few days to a week to build up in your system, but you'll eventually notice the difference.

A humidifier is a must, at least while you're sleeping (if you don't want to humidify the whole house). I noticed the inside humidity dropped significantly mid-January. Until then, it was hanging around 30-35%. I didn't plug in the humidifier until it went under 30%.

Simple steps, but they're making a HUGE difference for me this year. My coworker and I are the only two in the office not hacking, coughing, sneezing and snorting. Last year this time, I had no voice and was ready to move anywhere, even Outer Mongolia. This year, I like Albuquerque.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:18 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,226,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
FYI, in case anyone is having major allergy problems and Claratin and Zyrtec aren't helping and you're loosing your voice - ignore the advertising and try something else.

One of my coworkers and I have discovered that the good old allergy drug Chlortrimeton (chlorpheniramine maleate) works MUCH better out here for us. You might also try Tavist (clemastine). The ChlorTrimeton won't make you drowsy after you've taken it a few days, so we started our regime on Saturday. By Monday, we were fine (both of us). Not sure if Tavist causes drowsiness or not.

Using a saline spray regularly helps - try Simply Saline, as it has no preservatives (the preservatives in Ocean Spray and other brands can make you allergy worse). A nasal rinse once or twice daily really helps. Options include a neti pot (too weird for me), NeilMed Sinus Rinse and SinuCleanse (my fave). Neil Med is available most everywhere, SinuCleanse can be found at most Smith's. Prices are about the same for both.

Try FloNase (prescription) or NasalCrom (over the counter). They don't work immediately, but will take a few days to a week to build up in your system, but you'll eventually notice the difference.

A humidifier is a must, at least while you're sleeping (if you don't want to humidify the whole house). I noticed the inside humidity dropped significantly mid-January. Until then, it was hanging around 30-35%. I didn't plug in the humidifier until it went under 30%.

Simple steps, but they're making a HUGE difference for me this year. My coworker and I are the only two in the office not hacking, coughing, sneezing and snorting. Last year this time, I had no voice and was ready to move anywhere, even Outer Mongolia. This year, I like Albuquerque.
Thanks for the advise! I'm going to try those ASAP!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmating View Post
Does local bee pollen help? has anyone tried this before?
When I lived on the East Coast an acquaintance with allergies tried Bee Pollen and was hospitalized for a few days. I don't know the details other than Bee Pollen and some allergies do not mix...

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque