Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2022, 07:38 PM

480 posts, read 316,804 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...without-R.html

NMDOT left the 'R' out of Albuquerque. Funny story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 12:44 PM

511 posts, read 625,437 times
Talking about local road signs...does anyone else find this one strange here in NM?

Gusty winds may exist

I've seen Gusty Winds Ahead and Gusty Wind Area, but the "may exist," although accurate, just kind of comes off as odd. I wonder why these wording was chosen.

I do lots of road trips, and here's why when I was looking to move I knew Idaho wasn't for me. Most everywhere it's "Wildlife Crossing" or "Watch for Wildlife" but in Idaho, it's "Game Crossing" with the same image of jumping deer as everywhere else.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM

4,866 posts, read 4,804,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiz View Post
Talking about local road signs...does anyone else find this one strange here in NM?

Gusty winds may exist

I've seen Gusty Winds Ahead and Gusty Wind Area, but the "may exist," although accurate, just kind of comes off as odd. I wonder why these wording was chosen.

I do lots of road trips, and here's why when I was looking to move I knew Idaho wasn't for me. Most everywhere it's "Wildlife Crossing" or "Watch for Wildlife" but in Idaho, it's "Game Crossing" with the same image of jumping deer as everywhere else.
I always wondered about the "Don't Throw Litter" signs. Maybe it is OK to pull over to side and place it on the ground.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:18 PM

511 posts, read 625,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
I always wondered about the "Don't Throw Litter" signs. Maybe it is OK to pull over to side and place it on the ground.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean! We just drove to Denver last weekend and I did happen to remark on the wording of that sign as well. That wording makes me see people in two cars driving side by side having a "food fight" with their McDonald's remnants from breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: