Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 PM

9 posts, read 19,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
These figures, while probably accurate, are misleading.

I'd be willing to wager >5x as many people live in, and >5x as many people transit through the Coors/I-40 area than the Academy/Tramway area.
I was simply comparing a NE heights intersection (where I live) to coors and i40.. Although I highly doubt its 5x, it could be higher.

However, let's look at the ENTIRE 87111 zip code:

Arrests in the last 7 days: 6
Murders in 2008: 2

So within 2 miles of coors and i40, more arrests were made and more homicides occured(2008) than the entire 87111 zip code. Now certainly you wouldn't think that more people live within 2 miles of coors/i40 than 87111?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:22 PM

382 posts, read 954,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
Time for the three strikes and your out law
No, its time for the "no strikes" your dead law.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:29 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
No, its time for the "no strikes" your dead law.
You can keep your Death Row Expressway.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:25 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
I say an eye for an eye, if someone kills someone then they should be killed the same way.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I say an eye for an eye, if someone kills someone then they should be killed the same way.
Splendid! It works for the Middle-East. I hear they haven't had a tit-for-tat in 3,000 years.

ABQConvict

Old 06-27-2009, 03:34 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hardy View Post
"Multiple Armed Gunmen Open Fire at New Mexico Denny's
Saturday, June 20, 2009
PrintShareThis
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Police in Albuquerque say a restaurant employee was killed after several armed suspects attempted a takeover-style robbery at a Denny's Restaurant.

Police spokeswoman Nadine Hamby says "multiple" armed suspects rushed the packed northwest Albuquerque restaurant at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday.

A female employee of the restaurant was shot and killed.

Two people have been detained, but Hamby says it is unclear yet if they are the suspects in the robbery. A police tactical team has surrounded a home in the northwest part of the city where other potential suspects are believed to have fled.

Hamby says the information is sketchy because detectives have more than 60 witnesses to interview."

Where was this at? is this a hight crime area?

Was this supposed to be a secret because we have not heard anything about it, and I live in the center of the media, NYC.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:28 PM

25 posts, read 102,039 times
Default No secrets... Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Was this supposed to be a secret because we have not heard anything about it, and I live in the center of the media, NYC.
I heard about it an I live in Florida...

...soon to be there in the ABQ though...

... just another month, I hope you all clean up them gangs by then!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:26 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
No, it was not supposed to be a secret. A 34 year old woman was murdered. I don't know what news media you are using but it has been publicized throughout the country as well as outside the US. Here are some various sample media reports on-line:
Police in New Mexico identify victim, 2 suspects in fatal shooting during restaurant robbery - Yahoo! Canada News (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090622/world/us_restaurant_shooting - broken link)

Police ID victim, suspects in Denny's shooting - wtop.com (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=1702226 - broken link)

Police Urge Legislators For Help On Gang Crime - Albuquerque News Story - KOAT Albuquerque (http://www.koat.com/news/19837983/detail.html - broken link)

www.KOB.com - APD: New, violent gang in New Mexico (http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S999171.shtml?cat=504 - broken link)

New Mexico Security Blog by Rob Hamic

Shooting suspect was an MS-13 member

AP - suspects in Denny's killing (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DENNYS_SHOOTING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLAT E=news_generic.htm - broken link)

News - Police ID victim - From AP (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_RESTAURANT_SHOOTING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=HOME&TEM PLATE=news_generic.htm - broken link)

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Police

Rich

Old 06-28-2009, 09:05 PM

21 posts, read 46,309 times
We can all blame our governor Bill Richardson, for making our state so attractive to foreign gangs like the MS 13 gang. Kill as many innocent bystanders as you want-.... we now have no death penalty. The Memphis Mafia relocated from Tennessee to NM because our laws are so lax, and our Governor has helped this gang to grow here. Thank you Bill Richardson!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,450,468 times
Right, because before the death penalty was repealed, there was no gang activity. And states that have the death penalty...like California, Arizona, Texas, Florida...they have absolutely no gang members residing in them, or commiting crimes punishable by the death penalty in them.

Last edited by karmathecat; 06-29-2009 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: xx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque