Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM

3 posts, read 5,150 times

Advertisements

I know you get relocation questions all the time, but I'm going to give it a shot that a few of you can guide me in the right directions.

I'll be moving to ABQ in the spring and although I have visited in the past, I've not done so with moving in mind so I am not familiar with the living opportunities. I am an active 50 year old single woman looking to initially rent an apartment until I get the lay of the land. What I'm hoping to find:

- A one bedroom with maybe a den or office to work on my jewelry, or a smaller 2 bedroom
- A safe area that does not cater to students or families with young kids. *let me say here I'm not looking for a retirement home! A place with a nice mix of singles and/or age groups will be just fine.
-A pool is not important although they seem pretty standard, but a washer/dryer hook-up or on-site laundry is.
-HUGE preference would be a balcony or small patio. I'd rather not live in a box with no private access to outside.
-'Wish list' includes a fireplace and a view of the mountains...but wishing is all it is.
-I'd like to stay around $600 with utilities and no more than $700 inclusive. I know it's not much...but I need to stay within a tight budget while I acclimate to the area.

It's an exciting yet scary endeavor, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,199 times
I would say that unless you're on the West Side, $700 definitely isn't going to get you a fireplace or mountain view. I have friends in a pretty crappy apartment that's $890 a month. Another friend of mine lives in a beautiful downtown apartment, but she shares with 3 people so she only pays $400 a month.

I would start off with some of the complexes on Montgomery, there are probably places there for $700 or so. I can't recommend any because I don't know of any that offer apartments for that price. There are some areas near UNM that are cheaper, but you said you didn't want places that cater to students.

Perhaps there are cheap places that I can't think of...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque