Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,744,450 times

Advertisements

Yeah you don't see them to much in Joisey!! I had to pause as I pulled into my driveway this afternoon to let two cross in front of me (they get the right of way in NM).

Are you in the Washington Township in South Jersey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,802,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
LOL are those tumbleweeds
Yep, Genuine Wild West tumbleweeds....

Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,473,656 times
Yes, funny, tumbling down Corrales Rd. That wasn't too bad though. Beautiful evening sky, still and clear as a bell now.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:21 AM

923 posts, read 2,420,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Yes, it was windy today. My 88 second video:

YouTube - Sandstorm_3Mbs.wmv

Rich
LOVED your video, Rich! Attack of the Killer Tumbleweeds! The music was perfect, too. I tried to give you rep but the system wouldn't let me. It said I need to spread the wealth.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
I guess Spring is finally here...
That was the only thing about NM weather I hated. I was just talking about this today...Spring and the winds!!! Thank God the rest of the year the weather is as good as it gets and still can enjoy the seasons.

Nita

Old 03-27-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
LOVED your video, Rich! Attack of the Killer Tumbleweeds! The music was perfect, too.
Thanks, we were are our way to the Pork & Brew and we decided to skip it. It was cancelled that day.

Rich

Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,479,678 times
just got back from the Pork & Brew. Wind's somewhat less today but was still a might breezy/brisky when we first arrived about 10:30am. Felt better after awhile, but not sure how much of that was due to acclimatization to the fresh breezes, the heat from some of the bbq sauces or actual improvement in the weather. Oh well, kept the crowd down a bit.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 PM

23 posts, read 64,244 times
We just moved to Rio Rancho a couple of weeks ago. How often do we get sand stoms like that? Just wondering since I bike to work, and well that kind of weather isn't very fun to ride in. I live in Northern Meadows and work for HP, so I ride the roads in the video to and from work.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,920,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Good grief. I'm on Tramway with a direct view of the Sandias from my office.....except I can't see them right now, there's so much wind and dust. Yowza!
I took the attached photo yesterday - the day after the wind storm - and this shows the snow falling on the Capitan Mountains to the north of my area.

Rich - thanks for the sandstorm video, reminding me once again why I never attempt to drive down into the desert areas on days such as that. Besides smoke from the wildfires on Friday, Ruidoso got another dose of "White Sands" blowing through - along with most of AZ!
Attached Thumbnails
ABQ Wind, Windy Weather in ABQ, Wind in ABQ-capitans.jpg  

Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolitcd View Post
We just moved to Rio Rancho a couple of weeks ago. How often do we get sand stoms like that? Just wondering since I bike to work, and well that kind of weather isn't very fun to ride in. I live in Northern Meadows and work for HP, so I ride the roads in the video to and from work.
I've lived in Rio Rancho 11 years. That is the worst I remember. But we do get some windy days. My daughter said we had winds like that one day about 4 or 5 years ago.

Because of the construction, it is a bit dusty out there, but Albuquerque and in fact I think the whole state had a variety of bad wind that day.

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque