Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times

Advertisements

Remember when I posted the question in here about what would happen if I drink a bottle of wine? I had a bottle of white wine Chardonnay that I drank and did not feel anything. People told me it was too much but I felt fine thinking that it was not TOO much. I always stayed away from alcohol until now due to medications I was on. However, after going all this time without drinking I did a little experiment and drank the white wine. That is what my previous post was all about.

Anyway, several days ago, I purchased a bottle of Merlot Red Wine. It was made from Woodbrodge and was 50 ounces or 1.5 liters. I downed the whole thing in 50 minutes. IT WAS FOOLISH, I know. After drinking half of the bottle, I felt light headed. Then, I downed the rest. I was so wasted, I knew I crossed the line. For the next two hours I could not even walk. (I walk with a cane due to back problems so that may be a factor). The only thing I could think of doing was crawling into my kitchen to eat and drink water. When I crawled back to my recliner, I felt hot. I kept on picking up the fan and dropping it because I was so clumsy. I was clumsy but my judgement was still there. I knew NOT to drink. I knew not to climb stairs. I knew if I got worse to call for help. Fortuently, after two hours (and after vomiting) I stared to feel better. I did not go out until the next night.

Now, vomiting and considering calling for help was NOT fun. I learned my lesson about experimenting with alcohol. I will never do that again because it was not a pleasant experience. However, I am curious about one thing. An online BAC calculator rated me at .15. Is that accurate? Secondly, how many "drinks" was in that bottle wine? (I drank it semi-full but w/o much tolerance) Forgive my ignorance about alcohol, but I always stayed away from more than two drinks, due to my medical past.

I know what I did is not recommended, but at least I learned something. I am just curious as how much alcohol was in my blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
So you got ****faced. It's not like you murdered someone.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:51 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Why in the world would you drink a whole bottle of wine in 50 minutes?

Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Why in the world would you drink a whole bottle of wine in 50 minutes?
Exactly. I won't judge because I have drank a bottle of wine , but it's usually in an evening while I'm chilling out, cleaning, and listening to music.

But I hardly even drink red wine anymore. It makes me sick, too. It won't even let me sleep. I have no idea why because I started out drinking red wine for anemia. My body just won't tolerate it well anymore. So I stick with white wine now.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:06 AM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,911 times
2 glasses max. Why do that and risk Alcohol seizures etc., ??

Old 07-04-2010, 11:49 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
OK. I did something stupid! Secondly, it was in the evening when I was chilling out.

But how many drinks did I drink? How drunk was I?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:16 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Subjective questions with answers that need further input, such as your body size, how you metabolize alcohol, and the proof strength of the wine.

Assuming a 12% or 24 proof alcohol content in the wine, at 50 ounces you drank the equivalent of 10 1.5oz shots of 80 proof straight distilled spirits such as vodka or whiskey.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:46 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
The wine that I drink is usually in a 750 ml bottle. I do believe a glass of wine is 6 oz.

A bottle of the wine that I drink is usually just over 4 drinks. I would put OP's consumption at ~ 8 drinks. They rest would truly depend on your weight, age, sex, metabolism, and the time you consumed that alcohol. Unless you are over 350lbs, I think you were pretty drunk in 50 minutes.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM

117 posts, read 266,771 times
Red wine is good for "anemia"? I didn't know that!

To hell with all these iron pills!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:57 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Red wine at least from France contained bovine blood. Thus iron! This practice may have been stopped due to the mad cow outbreaks.

French Wine May Contain Cow's Blood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages