Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,889,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I used to be a big drinker but gave it up when I was 15.
Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who ya are!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:41 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,025,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have Guiness in my fridge right now but it is for the Bundt Cake I am going to make. I haven't had an actual beer in I don't know how long. I used to be a big drinker but gave it up when I was 15 and have limited myself to social drinking ever since them.
Guiness Bundt Cake sounds interesting....was it good?

Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
I drink very little. Don't drink very often, and when I do I have one or two drinks and then I'm done. I hae been known to buy some Bud Light longneck bottles (because if I drink beer that's what I want) and a year later there are 11 left. Hate being with people who are just getting started after three or four drinks and don't want to go home till there's no alcohol left. In fact, I avoid those people.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who ya are!
Sadly, I know people who were drinking way before they were 15. Not funny when it's true!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I drink very little. Don't drink very often, and when I do I have one or two drinks and then I'm done. I hae been known to buy some Bud Light longneck bottles (because if I drink beer that's what I want) and a year later there are 11 left.
Just a little suggestion... beer is a perishable product. Other than the higher alcohol Belgian styles which can be aged like wine, most beer is best within six months of bottling, and can become downright undrinkable if not stored in a cool, dark place. Sound like time to have a few friends over for Happy Hour. Or you could just pass them out to friends.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Just a little suggestion... beer is a perishable product. Other than the higher alcohol Belgian styles which can be aged like wine, most beer is best within six months of bottling, and can become downright undrinkable if not stored in a cool, dark place. Sound like time to have a few friends over for Happy Hour. Or you could just pass them out to friends.
Yeah, I know that. I don't buy them intending to keep them for a year, it's just that I don't get around to wanting one before a year is up! I always tell people to look at the "born on" date and see if they still want it. So far they have drank it and said it was fine. Maybe it wasn't, but I didn't force them to drink it; told them to proceed at their own discretion.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:51 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
I think it's harder for us guys because it's kind of the "macho" thing to do and if you don't drink, you may be looked upon by your fellow male friends as a wimp or something.
I'm guessing you're young.

Most older folks don't have that attitude.

You're either young or hanging out with the wrong crowd.

I am a big drinker (as is my wife) and I am typing this post after having 17 beers.

I would never, however, judge or ridicule anyone for not drinking. I know quite a few people who are either not drinkers or are in recovery, and I respect that.

Honestly, anyone who would give you a hard time for not drinking is an a $ $ hole.

I don't judge the non-drinkers and I just ask that they not judge me.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Sadly, I know people who were drinking way before they were 15. Not funny when it's true!
The commnet still needs to be taken toungue in cheek I think. Yes, there are those kids who start drinking very young, but they are still the minority...and those who do, of course it isn't funny...

Nita

Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The commnet still needs to be taken toungue in cheek I think. Yes, there are those kids who start drinking very young, but they are still the minority...and those who do, of course it isn't funny...

Nita
I definitely considered the comment tongue in check (about being funny that they stopped drinking at 15). I thought it was funny too. I'm just saying it really does happen that kids start drinking way before 15, a lot more than people know.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
I definitely considered the comment tongue in check (about being funny that they stopped drinking at 15). I thought it was funny too. I'm just saying it really does happen that kids start drinking way before 15, a lot more than people know.
probably not a surprise to me, I have grandkids in their teens and 20s, plus I had kids in their teens when high school kids did drink, but a lot of drinking under 15 or so is not the norm except in certain regions of some cities and it has been that way as long as we have been on earth. Of course teen drinking is a problem today, but has leveled out or actually gone down according to some surveys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages