Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:05 AM

16 posts, read 143,312 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is I didn't drink at all when I turned 21...guess most people nowadays would find that pathetic. I started trying drinks when I was 23/24. Never liked beer or wine. Mixed drink person. I only drink on the weekends when at a bar or a club with a band playing usually and socializing with people...but that's only if I do go out on the weekends! Haha! I usually don't get drunk enough and I try not too but I've seen how stupid and ridiculously obnoxious it made people and some even fight... ugh. Sometimes I feel that I "need" that one drink after a long stressful day but that's about it. Sometimes I feel the need to "party" and other days I don't. But I do think it's sad if getting drunk is the only thing people live for or if it has to be at every event they go to. Yeah, and if I didn't like what I drink I probably wouldn't be drinking either!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligglitterglam View Post
Funny thing is I didn't drink at all when I turned 21...guess most people nowadays would find that pathetic. I started trying drinks when I was 23/24. Never liked beer or wine. Mixed drink person. I only drink on the weekends when at a bar or a club with a band playing usually and socializing with people...but that's only if I do go out on the weekends! Haha! I usually don't get drunk enough and I try not too but I've seen how stupid and ridiculously obnoxious it made people and some even fight... ugh. Sometimes I feel that I "need" that one drink after a long stressful day but that's about it. Sometimes I feel the need to "party" and other days I don't. But I do think it's sad if getting drunk is the only thing people live for or if it has to be at every event they go to. Yeah, and if I didn't like what I drink I probably wouldn't be drinking either!
There are many of us, especially those of us that are a little older that drank very little, if at all before we were 21. I did drink 3/2 beer in college (Univ of Colo) and would have mixed drinks occassionally at a frat party, but when I transferred back to SDSU where the drinking age was 21 we rarely drank anything; maybe a 6 pk of beer for 3 or 4 of us...We were in our late 20s or even 30s before we really partied even on weekends and I do not think the majority of people who drink do so for the primary reason, they want to get drunk. That might be how the college kids think about it or people with drinking problems, but most of us simply enjoy a drink or two before dinner. Maybe we like a glass of wine at a special luncheon or we do drink a little more on weekends.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
I drink every now and then; if I go out to a restaurant and such.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times
I drank heavy for 3 years. Now I'm in AA and on meds. Alcohol took me to the gutter quick. But I was using it to cover deeper issues so i don't blame the booze, i blame myself for not handling my issues correctly. So everyday is a struggle. Unless you have been to the dark side you could never fathom this disease. I basically lost everything and did alot of damage to alot of people, But for those of you in good mind, who are sane and "normal", drink up But I cant have a sip or it's 2 bottles of vodka and a 12 pack...just for starters.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,676,127 times
Didn't read the thread, but isn't this kind of an odd question to ask on an alcoholic beverages sub-forum?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:12 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
Didn't read the thread, but isn't this kind of an odd question to ask on an alcoholic beverages sub-forum?
i was thinking the same thing....

Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Me! Me! Me! *waves hands in the air*

Never could get into the taste of alcoholic beverages ... I'll pass

Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM

538 posts, read 1,012,569 times
Me and my cousin started drinking when we were 15 years old on the weekends like idiots. I am now 26. I started out only drinking on the weekends but then when I moved out I started drinking everyday. Now I drink atleast 2-3 beers a day. More on the weekends.

I don't think I'm addicted to alcohol because I can "not" drink if I wanted to and have in the past but I just enjoy beer. I don't enjoy getting drunk but do enjoy the taste and a slight buzz.

I'm fortunate to be healthy right now so I should quit drinking so much.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
...i don't 'not' drink because of religious reasons (although i think that's how it started), but instead because of the health reasons and because i simply have no desire to do so now.

Is anyone in the same boat? How do you respond to this question when asked?
Nope. I don't drink because it makes me stupid and I don't like me stupid.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,786 times
i don't know anyone who doesn't drink, unless they're married w/ kids, old, or are 100 pounds overweight

that is just my experience....i'm sure there are single, good looking folk over the age of 21 that doesn't drink....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages