Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite beer of choice?
Sam Adams Boston Lager 6 25.00%
Heinekin 1 4.17%
Sam Adams Summer ale 2 8.33%
Killians Irish Red 2 8.33%
Budweiser 1 4.17%
Bud light 1 4.17%
Michelob Ultra 1 4.17%
Coors light 1 4.17%
Coors Extra gold 0 0%
Corona 5 20.83%
Guiness 7 29.17%
Bass Ale 3 12.50%
Blue moon 3 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:58 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I've been infatuated the past year with the brews from Deschutes in Oregon.
My favorite is Obsidian Stout. It's like chocolate beer.
Mirror Pond Pale Ale is also good.
They make several seasonal beers, JubalAle and Red Chair are my winter favorites.

We also get many tasty brews from Lost Coast Brewery and Eel River Brewery.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer!
Chocolate Beer/stout is great. they opened a new branch of total wine Wine Shop | Wine, Liquor, & Beer Online | Total Wine & More here as we are moving, and they have some great beers, especially microbrews.
My faves would make a long list, but some of it like Brooklyn Dark is seasonal, Old Rasputen is not for the young (like drinking alcoholic espresso) and of course Rogue Shakespeare which bats up with Guinness on any day given my mood.
I like the way you can go in, buy one botlle to sample something and see if you like it. problem is, they do not always have it when I go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 04:50 PM

80 posts, read 55,927 times
Default Good beer!

Iron Rail IPA, Wedge Brewing, Asheville, NC
Pisgah Pale Ale, Pisgah Brewing, Asheville, NC
Anything from Lagunitas, Petaluma, CA
Celebration Ale, Sierra Nevada, Chico, CA
Antebellum Ale, Craggy Brewing, Asheville, NC-Ingredients include molasses, ginger, and spruce tips.
Bears 'n Roses, Catawba Valley Brewing, Morganton, NC-A brown ale aged in bourbon barrels. I don't think they currently make it, and it may have been a one-time thing.
Golden Nugget, Toppling Goliath Brewing, Decorah, Iowa
Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Rogue, Newport, Oregon

Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,721 times
Guinness and Yungling Black and Tan.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:01 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMINAVL View Post
Iron Rail IPA, Wedge Brewing, Asheville, NC
Pisgah Pale Ale, Pisgah Brewing, Asheville, NC
Anything from Lagunitas, Petaluma, CA
Celebration Ale, Sierra Nevada, Chico, CA
Antebellum Ale, Craggy Brewing, Asheville, NC-Ingredients include molasses, ginger, and spruce tips.
Bears 'n Roses, Catawba Valley Brewing, Morganton, NC-A brown ale aged in bourbon barrels. I don't think they currently make it, and it may have been a one-time thing.
Golden Nugget, Toppling Goliath Brewing, Decorah, Iowa
Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Rogue, Newport, Oregon
Sounds like the brewing scene is really poppin' in Asheville. Last I was there about 10 years ago, Highland and Green Man/JOTW were the only game in town and French Broad had just set up shop.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Polygamy Porter (Wasatch Brewing)

Old 06-01-2012, 08:02 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Polygamy Porter (Wasatch Brewing)
Yesterday on another board I post on someone that I know mentioned the same thing as his favorite beer.

I never heard of it but will check it out.

As far as this topic - I'm late but would have voted none of the above if that were an option. I'm not a big beer drinker but I like the taste of a good beer sometimes and I will go for the not so popular microbrew everytime.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Sounds like the brewing scene is really poppin' in Asheville. Last I was there about 10 years ago, Highland and Green Man/JOTW were the only game in town and French Broad had just set up shop.
Asheville does have a thriving microbrewery scene now with 9 or so breweries and a few more microbrews on the way. Also, New Belgium is building its east coast brewery in Asheville's River Arts District, Sierra Nevada is setting up in nearby Mills River, and Oskar Blues is coming to Brevard.

I mistakenly wrote that Pisgah Brewing is in Asheville. It is actually located in Black Mountain, though luckily only a few miles from my house in East Asheville.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:29 PM

I forgot to mention Bell's Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI

Old 06-01-2012, 11:50 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Il Vicino Wet Mountain IPA

Kellys Session IPA

(Both are only available in Albuquerque)

Santa Fe Brewery's Happy Camper

O'Dells 90 Shilling

New Belgium's 1554

(These are regional, New Mexico/Colorado)

Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I have a lot of different microbrews that I drink and whatnot... but if I'm at a restaurant and I order a beer 9/10 it is Heinekin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages