Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:55 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaNYC View Post
Fernet and Campari. YUCK. Also Wild Turkey, Jose Cuervo, and most beer - especially crappy p*ss-water beer like Budlight or something. Just the smell of beer grosses me out.
There was a woman in a local bar complaining tonight that no one has campari. The bar owner (who is a great guy with a very dry sense of humour) just said, "There is a reason for that."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 03:02 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Ouzo, Pernod, Slivovitz and Cynar are all wonderful drinks. I enjoy Malort as well, though I can understand why some people wouldn't. People are nuts.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:04 PM

607 posts, read 602,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
There was a woman in a local bar complaining tonight that no one has campari. The bar owner (who is a great guy with a very dry sense of humour) just said, "There is a reason for that."
haha yeah the one time I tasted it, I was like WTF IS THIS CRAP?!? It is SO disgustingly BITTER!! The taste lingered, too, even after I drank other things to get rid of it, ha. Nasty.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:43 PM

78 posts, read 77,472 times
Whatever makes up a martini. To me, truly revolting. Couldn't go beyond a sip. Ate the olive only.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:53 PM

607 posts, read 602,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber123 View Post
Whatever makes up a martini. To me, truly revolting. Couldn't go beyond a sip. Ate the olive only.
There are different kinds of martinis - was it gin or vodka? If you have a martini with cheap gin or vodka, yes, it's going to be gross. If there was an olive in the martini, was it a dirty martini? That's made with olive juice, so it's usually salty. I think dirty martinis are gross, too. I don't know how people drink them. Martinis are generally made with either vodka or gin, and vermouth. If people want a dry martini, you put barely any, or NO vermouth at all. I don't like classic martinis of this kind--even if it's the best vodka--boring and doesn't taste great

Old 10-10-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Ouzo, Pernod, Slivovitz and Cynar are all wonderful drinks. I enjoy Malort as well, though I can understand why some people wouldn't. People are nuts.
That is in the eye of the drinker.....and why there are many different types of liquor.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber123 View Post
I agree..more details needed....not all martinis are the same...I enjoy a good dry vodka one from time to time....but I find all gin to be complete horrible so I'd never, ever drink one made of that.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:57 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Once somebody poured me a bourbon shot with a few squirts of Tabasco in it. Terrible.

I think they called it "buffalo sweat", but that is a name shared by many different drinks, according to Google.
There is a Buffalo Sweat beer, made by Tallgrass Brewery in Manhattan, Kansas. I bought two four packs for my DH today cause it's Father's Day and he likes it and doesn't usually buy it for himself.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
My worst ever was a "Sparkplug", Yukon Jack topped with 151 rum and lit aflame.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:37 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
A new low. I had a tiny bottle of vodka and found a 6 oz. can of tomato juice in the cabinet, so decided to make a Bloody Mary. Mixed it up, took a taste, and...yuck! Waited a minute--not sure what that was supposed to accomplish--took another sip, and it hadn't improved. I poured it down the drain. I sniffed the tomato juice can, and that seemed OK. The horseradish looked fine. It wasn't the Minute Maid lemon juice. What? The vodka? It was amaretto vodka. That drink was vile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages