Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM

270 posts, read 260,366 times

Advertisements

At this time of the year, when the road blocks come up with great regularity, I would like to share a personal experience about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years. A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home. Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab before but my happiness soon turned to horror as I am not sure where I got the cab or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,622,415 times
good point! I make it a point of avoiding high-alcohol cocktails if I know i'm only staying at a club or party for less than 3 hours. One of my college buddies got busted for DUI at a check point a couple yrs back and he said it's the fines & attorney fees that will kill you. It sent him back over $12 grand for that 1 mistake. OUCH.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,225,619 times
Hahahaha! That is classic! But yea, don't drink and drive. I am lucky enough to have been invited to a new years eve party I can walk to.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil Fools View Post
At this time of the year, when the road blocks come up with great regularity, I would like to share a personal experience about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years. A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home. Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab before but my happiness soon turned to horror as I am not sure where I got the cab or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.
thanks, i got that email not too long ago and I smiled then just like I am smiling now. Merry Christmas to all..

seriously I like what the sign says as we enter MO (which is about 5 miles from our home) drive sober or get putted over. I can't imagine driving when I have had too much to drink, nor can I imagine how many times I did drive after drinking many years ago..

Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil Fools View Post
Too funny. But it does bring up an interesting point. With holiday drinks it can be really tough to track how much you've had. I've had some wicked eggnog's that nearly knocked me on my butt after one "glass". In reality there was probably five or six shots of booze in it. That's why I prefer beer if I have to drive. If I have two or three in the entire evening I know exactly what I took in. I always like to know I'm well under the limit, even if I feel completely fine.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM

283 posts, read 508,272 times
My nephew and his wife were over last night and we had some wine with dinner and then some Irish Coffee with desert so I forced them to stay overnight and not drive by taking his keys away and hiding them. At first he was sort of ticked-off but this morning we laughed about it and they thanked me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages