Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 11:42 PM

520 posts, read 730,810 times

Advertisements

Drinking two or three beers five days a week really isn't that much. Most beer really isn't that strong. So on that many beers, you wouldn't get drunk and might get a weak buzz. When it can really be a problem, is when you're constantly getting hammered. I'm only 21, but I really only started off on beer. Well the past 2 months, I've been drinking a 1.75l bottle of vodka to myself in a week and a half on average, and I usually drink every other day. But even most days for me when I drink, I don't wake up with a hangover the next day, since I do mixed drinks. That's still a lot of alcohol though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Drinking two or three beers five days a week really isn't that much. Most beer really isn't that strong. So on that many beers, you wouldn't get drunk and might get a weak buzz. When it can really be a problem, is when you're constantly getting hammered. I'm only 21, but I really only started off on beer. Well the past 2 months, I've been drinking a 1.75l bottle of vodka to myself in a week and a half on average, and I usually drink every other day. But even most days for me when I drink, I don't wake up with a hangover the next day, since I do mixed drinks. That's still a lot of alcohol though.
If you start to drink more, or are worried about your current level of use, I would recommend Himalaya Liver Care. It's been on the market almost half a century & is the #1 world's best seller for reducing alcohol damage in many. If you wanted to be sure it's working, occasional visit to Dr. might be helpful. Best wishes.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
No, not "not that which is God," but rather the Higher Power is characterized in the program "as we understand it," or something close to that. I do not have any AA literature. But having been in the program in the late 1970's in the US, I can assure you that the meetings were very emphatic in not requiring a belief in God - and in characterizing Higher Power in other ways that were not religious, though many were religious believers.
I heard someone say the "higher power" could be a doorknob! Is laughing permitted? Best wishes.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:05 AM

Thanks so much for this post. Another good thing about cannabis use ("marijuana") is if it doesn't enable boozers to quit, they will probably be able to get the desired effect by drinking half as much. This will increase our lifespan from less wrecked livers, & lower our medical costs.

I wish we could educate employers to not join the govt program that says if they don't hire MJ smokers, govt will help pay employees health insurance. But if this forces workers to (more) alcohol and/or tobacco for stress relief, their will be more health costs & more calling in sick & lateness, so the savings may be gone or even more expensive for employers. Hope this isn't too OT. Maybe employer or govt should buy boozers bottles of Himalaya Liver Care, endorsed by 200,000 doctors worldwide.

I know many people who have 1 or more "addictions" & like nearly all of them, just don't want them to be dead soon. Best wishes, all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I'm sure the cries of "*uck science" are ringing across the land as I type.

I think societies give a lot of wiggle room to what is anti-social conduct when it comes to each society's allowed high. With Americans and Europeans that stuff is booze, in other cultures it is opium, or a local hallucinogen.

The guy could be snot-flying drunk every weekend on booze, and many people would go out of their way to ignore it or more likely excuse it in terms like, "He just likes to feel good."

As a long-time supervisor of clerical works and administrative assistants, I came across chronic alcohol use and chronic marijuana use among staff members repeatedly over the years. My experience over those years was that the heavy boozers and on-the-job drinkers were totally lousy employees - bad workers with high rates of calling in sick and lateness. On the other hand, the chronic users of grass - to my surprise - performed acceptably to excellently and their attendance pattern was not different from that of the staff members who were not to my knowledge regular users of alcohol or marijuana.

Every single one of the heavy, chronic drinkers on staff I had to fire and one transferred, with the marijuana smokers none were terminated for their drug habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages