Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 05:32 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,552 times

Advertisements

I like Fireball when I am out trying to have a good time and 1835 when sitting around with some friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Now, you may never have heard of Laphroaig 10(pronounced lafroyg) scotch but it's one of my favorites (a smokey, medicinal punch). It is, however, probably one of the most polarizing scotches out there. Some people love it, probably more hate it. Either way though, it elicits a powerful response from the drinker.

Anyways, I guess the boys at the distillery have decided to promote this in a new online ad of people trying it for the first time. It's fun to see the range of impressions from horror to love. I guess I enjoy the taste of a "burning hospital."

Laphroaig Scotch Doesn't Mind If You Think It 'Tastes Like a Burning Hospital' | Adweek

Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM

720 posts, read 705,425 times
A shot of good quality Corn Whisky with a couple drops of Absinthe mixed in....

Old 10-11-2014, 01:07 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,620,948 times
Jack Daniels for me, especially honey Jack! I do like Fireball, though.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:12 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
Fireball is okay, it's cheap though and good for women . When I want whiskey I go for several: Jameson, Green Label, Black Label or J&B Scotch. If they have neither of those I will get some high shelf. I'm not a fan of cheap whiskey. I order it straight (no ice) or 2 rocks depending on weather.

Last edited by MJ7; 10-11-2014 at 06:26 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 08:35 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Fireball is okay, it's cheap though and good for women . When I want whiskey I go for several: Jameson, Green Label, Black Label or J&B Scotch. If they have neither of those I will get some high shelf. I'm not a fan of cheap whiskey. I order it straight (no ice) or 2 rocks depending on weather.
Sexist much? Why would a woman like a cheap chemical cinnamon whiskey because of her gender?

Anywat....I normally see young males drinking it as shots.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:46 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
I tried Maker's Mark recently...
I typically drink whiskey straight on the rocks....
But that stuff is stronger than any other whiskey I've had....
I usually go w/ Jack Daniels, lol

Old 10-12-2014, 09:16 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Sexist much? Why would a woman like a cheap chemical cinnamon whiskey because of her gender?

Anywat....I normally see young males drinking it as shots.
I will agree that it was a bad way to say what I wanted to say and it does sound a bit sexist in that light. What I meant was, it isn't as strong as regular whiskey, as most women (not all) prefer to drink the flavored stuff.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I tried Maker's Mark recently...
I typically drink whiskey straight on the rocks....
But that stuff is stronger than any other whiskey I've had....
I usually go w/ Jack Daniels, lol
JD is the one

I only like whisky straight for some reason lol

Old 10-15-2014, 11:22 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Now, you may never have heard of Laphroaig 10(pronounced lafroyg) scotch but it's one of my favorites (a smokey, medicinal punch). It is, however, probably one of the most polarizing scotches out there. Some people love it, probably more hate it. Either way though, it elicits a powerful response from the drinker.

Anyways, I guess the boys at the distillery have decided to promote this in a new online ad of people trying it for the first time. It's fun to see the range of impressions from horror to love. I guess I enjoy the taste of a "burning hospital."

Laphroaig Scotch Doesn't Mind If You Think It 'Tastes Like a Burning Hospital' | Adweek

That's a great campaign. I wish light beer producers would mimic it ("Tastes like... um, not much of anything? But at least it's more socially acceptable at a cookout than Perrier!")

I am not a fan of Laphroaig. But I do love Lagavulin, which is just a jog away on Islay. Both are very smoky, but the Laphroaig is more medicinal and to me, has a nasty taste like burnt microwave popcorn that you left in too long. I've wondered whether the Laphroaig 10-year would improve if they let it sit as long as the Lagavulin 16.

Well upthread somebody mentioned Lagavulin is $65-$70 in NYC. I live in PA, where it's $82, but last Christmas while visiting relatives in Long Island, I found a bottle for $54. But I'm not saying where as I'm going back there this Christmas and want to ensure there's at least one bottle left to purchase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages