Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:27 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
I was just talking about drinking on the job with a friend that owns a mini-mart that sells liquor. They told me that they sell more vodka between 10 AM and 2 PM, Monday through Friday than any other time of the week. Told me almost every person they sell to either is wearing a uniform or wearing a work ID when they purchase the vodka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier used to hide his work ID when he would do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Did you stash it away with your unused first-person pronouns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
That about made me spit tea all over my monitor.
Drover's post caused me to laugh so fast and so loud that I did spit juice on my keyboard (luckily I have one of those thin keyboard "condoms" that protects it when I read hilarious C-D posts).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 09:49 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
LOL, yes it does count as drinking at work.

If you don't believe me then ask the officer who catches him with the open container in the parking lot.
Interesting point there. If it is a company lot (private) and not the public road could he be sited??

Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
I use Everclear to make perfume, and it's only sold in 14 states and banned in the others.

This is definitely a problem to be drinking Everclear in the morning for social anxiety. He needs a new doctor.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Interesting point there. If it is a company lot (private) and not the public road could he be sited??
That depends on the relationship between the property owner and the police/sheriff department.

Some property owners ask the cops to patrol their property.

If a cop is on a public road but can see someone violating an open container law on a private lot, then they could lawfully enter the property to execute a detainment and issue a citation.

A private parking lot is considered "in public" for the purposes of most open container laws.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:52 PM

442 posts, read 588,039 times
I say it's ok. no need to make mountains out of molehills, nosing in putting ephasis on things not

our business.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
The question is, why doesn't he just drink at his desk? Because the employer would frown on an employee drinking at work, going out to the car is basically the same thing.

It is interesting how things have changed, 30 years ago, a group of teachers could go out to lunch on a teacher work day, and have a glass of wine with lunch. Not any more.

Alcohol consumption was more accepted, than it is now, at causal work lunches, and working dinners. Now, anyone with a work expense account knows better than to put a bar tab on a work credit card, unless he/she is the boss.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM

442 posts, read 588,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The question is, why doesn't he just drink at his desk? Because the employer would frown on an employee drinking at work, going out to the car is basically the same thing.

It is interesting how things have changed, 30 years ago, a group of teachers could go out to lunch on a teacher work day, and have a glass of wine with lunch. Not any more.

Alcohol consumption was more accepted, than it is now, at causal work lunches, and working dinners. Now, anyone with a work expense account knows better than to put a bar tab on a work credit card, unless he/she is the boss.
I may be wrong but suspect back then, very few people took advantage of that. Meaning they had common sense to know one drink was
pretty much the max because they had to go back to work.

Salesmen/women may get away with more if they are making the company alot of money.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:33 PM

35,051 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I worked at a Fortune 500 within the past year where many employees ordered a beer or two at lunch. This was in a relatively high drinking area and where drinking is part of regular life. It never impacted anyone I knew negatively.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
When I started work in the 80s, the 3 martini lunch was still in play...but fading. Now its rare to even order a beer at lunch and only if the client does. I rarely have more than 2 drinks at a dinner.

Back to my earlier post...surprised the thread has gone this long. Everclear and parking lot are definite alcoholic signs.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Hah...what teachers even HAVE time to go out to lunch, let alone a leisurely lunch with a drink? Twenty minutes of quickly inhaling easily portable food while on my feet supervising the lunchroom has been my most frequent experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages