Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,184,653 times

Advertisements

I have been a rum drinker for quite a while. I have usually ran in and picked up my rum at an older local store (small). Recently when going into a local "liquor warehouse" I saw a display of several different vodka flavors. Any body have recipes for flavored vodka??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 02:23 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,884,919 times
I don't know what you'd mix them with either. I'm guessing that with the affinity the millenials and younger have for doing shots, that's what they're made for.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 11,110 times
I cant remember what the brand was but it was a sriracha flavored vodka. This guy wants some

Regards
Huffbufer

Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM

526 posts, read 898,437 times
love the whipped vodka --- makes orange juice taste like an Orange Julius add some l/2-1/2

Old 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
I have been a rum drinker for quite a while. I have usually ran in and picked up my rum at an older local store (small). Recently when going into a local "liquor warehouse" I saw a display of several different vodka flavors. Any body have recipes for flavored vodka??
The lemon, lime, and orange flavored stuff has been around for quite a while. A lot of bars will serve them straight as martinis or mixed with some other liqueur or non-alc ingredients. And there are a lot of crazy flavors you see now… Things like cake, cotton candy and even smoked salmon (eww). The recipe for any of those would just be a matter mixing it with something that complements its flavor and doesn't compete with it. Like, for example, I might mix the cake vodka with some heavy cream and make a white russian on roids. Or maybe put the cotton candy in with some hot vanilla drink. Not a lot you can or should do, since it's already ridiculously flavored, mostly for "kids" I think… sort of like the wine cooler of liquor.

There is one recipe I've been working on lately for fun: PumpkinPie Martini
1. Blend up graham crackers w/sugar and cinnamon and coat the glass with it like you would with salt for a margarita (I use olive oil instead of lime juice to make it stick without being sour)
2. Put a shot of pumpkin pie flavored vodka into a shaker, add some whole milk or half/half and a splash of coffee. (you can also use food coloring and pumpkin pie filling to get he flavor/color more accurate)
3. Shake it and pour it into the graham-cracker-crusted glass - the milk should lay foamy on top and the drink should be pumpkin pie colored at this point.
4. Squirt a dollop of whipped cream on top
5. Pour a splash of amaretto over it and stick a chuck of graham cracker into the whipped cream as garnish.

Like I said, it's still a work in progress. I'm usually not into flavored drinks at all, (I prefer beer-flavored beer and whiskey-flavored whiskey) but this was a challenge to me from someone and it's been fun to play around with ingredients to get the drink working just right. It still needs work, so any suggestions are welcome.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,060 times
I try and use the real ingredients and stay away from the additives for flavor. There are tons of recipes for using the flavored ones though. They are becoming more inventive in the last few years but I remember when I was in high school there were flavors like lemon or lime vodka. Sriracha flavored would go good in Bloody Marys but it is just as easy to infuse your own vodka.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:59 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,426,806 times
I have used Vanilla Vodka in a black russian, it gives it a richer taste. Also cranberry vodka and cola go together well.

The idea of the whipped cream flavoured vodkas sounds icky !

Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM

5 posts, read 11,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
I have used Vanilla Vodka in a black russian, it gives it a richer taste. Also cranberry vodka and cola go together well.

The idea of the whipped cream flavoured vodkas sounds icky !
Actually its quite good. mix it with some Sunkist and you have heaven.

Regards
Huffbufer

Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,184,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffbufer View Post
Actually its quite good. mix it with some Sunkist and you have heaven.

Regards
Huffbufer
Thanks That sounds interesting.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 AM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
They aren't all "newfangled" nor are they all aimed at millennials.

Many of the vanilla, cream and "cake" flavored vodkas are popular with women over thirty as a basis for a martini or a sweet drink.

On the other end of the taste spectrum, Ukrainian pepper infused vodka has been around for, oh...500 years. You haven't lived until you have made a Bloody using that stuff. No, it's not just "hot" it has real flavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages