Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 02:59 PM

428 posts, read 643,522 times

Advertisements

My husband had a stash of this and recently passed away.
I have a case and a half left over, is it worth anything to anyone or should I pour it onto the compost heap?
Its been kept at room temp more or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 08:07 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Sorry to hear of your loss.

If you work, maybe bring it to an office holiday party. It might also make a nice holiday tip for the mailman or someone who does work on your home. If not that, maybe a neighbor.

Shame to pour it down the drain, but I'm not sure you can actually try to "sell" it publicly without skirting the law.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:14 PM

260 posts, read 326,263 times
Sorry for your loss,

but that sounds me like beer !

Old 11-29-2014, 11:00 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz1023 View Post
I have a case and a half left over, is it worth anything to anyone or should I pour it onto the compost heap?
Sorry about your husband. ..but no need to pour a decent beer down the drain for oetes sake!

Its considered one of the highest-rated beers and can be hard to get a hold of in some markets. At least offer it on craigslist for free if you local laws do not allow you to sell it or give it to a friend that appreciates beer.

Your late hustand had good taste...at least honor that.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:32 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,810 times
Sorry for your loss. Heady Topper being an incredibly hoppy beer, the intensity of the flavor has probably faded. But, since it is canned, there is no light pollution and who knows, it may still be good! I say try to find someone to take it off your hands, which shouldn't be hard.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:13 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz1023 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Sorry about your husband. ..but no need to pour a decent beer down the drain for oetes sake!

Its considered one of the highest-rated beers and can be hard to get a hold of in some markets. At least offer it on craigslist for free if you local laws do not allow you to sell it or give it to a friend that appreciates beer.

Your late hustand had good taste...at least honor that.
Beers that are that heavily hopped are best consumed as fresh as possible. While I am sure it is still a good, drinkable, beer, having been stored at room temp for one year would have put some impact into the flavor/aroma. At this point it would not be worth much to anyone except for the free-beer aspect.

If I were you, I would hold onto it for another decade. It would then be worth monetary value, perhaps even handsomely. I absolutely guaranty you that there would be people out there, including beer researchers, who would love to know how it aged, how it tastes, and so on. There are also those who would love to have an unopened beer in their collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages