Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times

Advertisements

Okay folks, I know Hennessey makes a decent cognac, but what I'm looking for is a good cognac, something that you don't mind sittin back with a few of your good friends over a couple of good Havana's, prices isn't any problem and I realize you get what you pay for, some of them are real decent, good cognac.

Last edited by ptsum; 01-15-2008 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Courvoisier and Remy Martin are both good cognacs.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:05 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,064 times
Hennessey has a vsop, it's a little smoother, also Martell.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:31 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Definitely Remy Martin and Courvisoier.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:28 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,974 times
Default Educate yourself!

There are probably several awesome cognacs available in your area.

Last edited by johnycakes; 01-23-2008 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: removed portion of response not relevant to topic.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:50 AM

941 posts, read 2,303,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
There are probably several awesome cognacs available in your area. Sounds like you don't have the palate to appreciate any of them, you just want to impress people. Go to your local high-end liquour store & tell them price is no object. They'll LOVE you.
ha ha i'm sure they will something straight from france $$$$$

Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
There are probably several awesome cognacs available in your area. Sounds like you don't have the palate to appreciate any of them, you just want to impress people. Go to your local high-end liquour store & tell them price is no object. They'll LOVE you.
First off I would like to thank,"ontheroad","LaceyEx",and "mr.man" for your response to my question,I do appreciate your input,however,to the individual above,I think it is pretty presumptuous of you to assume that you know about an individual's palate and as to whether they would appreciate something or not strictly by geographical location.First let me explain,although in your case I do not find an entirely necessary to have to do so,but I will anyway,I am a member of one of the most exclusive smokers clubs in Washington, DC and the members of this club have reached the pinnacle in both business and politics,and our pallets are of the utmost excellence,we appreciate fine liquorsr's and cigars.I do not feel it necessary nor do I have the patience to have to impress anybody,I am the Patriarch of a very influential family and business in the metropolitan Washington, DC area,and this company has been in business for over 60 years,so when you decide to reach the level of business that I have, you may be invited to join such a club,but in the meantime do not make such assumptions about something of which you know nothing of.Now if you'll excuse me,I will be joining my fellow members with my personal 1.75L magnum of Re'my Martin's Louis XIII Cognac and a box of Montecristo A,Vintage 96 Cuban cigars.

At this point I do not feel that it is necessary to carry this conversation any further. I thank those who participated and contributed some useful information. Thank you.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,974 times
Perhaps your fellow members can advise you as to the rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Perhaps your fellow members can advise you as to the rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
If this is the best that you can do in your response,then you have accomplished nothing, because you are completely off-topic,and that's what I hire people like you to do.Good evening.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 13,550 times
Hi, I'm actually going to go visit Cognac - France in September. Have wanted to go there for years and finally booked. I have been told to try armagnac by various Cognac lovers, but that is also harder to find,... maybe if you can find a bottle you can let me know what you thought about it. By the way, love a good cigar as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages