Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:30 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
There is nothing wrong with going to a bar and not drinking... heck you might even be able to dance after everyone else is stone drunk. You cn go to a bar with me any day of the week and not drink!!!
I do drink, but never when I go out dancing. It's so much more fun to dance sober, even if you are a little nervous, once you get out there that goes away quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 02:59 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
I do drink, but never when I go out dancing. It's so much more fun to dance sober, even if you are a little nervous, once you get out there that goes away quickly.
I know what you mean. I dance better and play pool better when sober. I like that I don't drink anymore. It's been almost 2 months now, since my last drink. I feel so much better too. I've already lost my "beer/alcohol belly" too!!! Cool!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I don't drink, but I do like going to a bar to have a good time (dancing, playing pool, talking/socializing, etc.). But some other people seem to be annoyed at me, because I don't drink alcohol beverages. Is it really necessary to drink and be an idiot? I think not. I think I can have a diet coke anytime I want to.

So, how do you feel when you go to a bar and see someone ordering a non-alcohol beverage??
You must be young, because I can't imagine people over 25 caring if another person is drinking. As others have said, I love your kind because you'll drive my drunk butt home.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:30 AM

973 posts, read 2,141,899 times
Ditto to rnc. I usually drink pop when we go out, & 'watch out' for my girlfriends. LOL Then I do drive DH home. He has a CDL, so his BAL is 1/2 the legal limit, &, in Utah, it's nonexistent, so, he won't even have a beer & drive. LOL =)

Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Good for you!! I wish more people would do that

Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I don't drink, but I do like going to a bar to have a good time (dancing, playing pool, talking/socializing, etc.). But some other people seem to be annoyed at me, because I don't drink alcohol beverages. Is it really necessary to drink and be an idiot? I think not. I think I can have a diet coke anytime I want to.

So, how do you feel when you go to a bar and see someone ordering a non-alcohol beverage??
You have every right to go into a bar and order a non-alcoholic drink. If people are annoyed, that's their problem. Good for you. Stay sober and enjoy it more.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:18 PM

513 posts, read 896,972 times
I do that all the time and so do my friends. Sometimes I drink and sometimes I don't, I go for the socializing and to be with my friends. I also like happy hour at places that serve free snacks and enjoy an ice cold root beer along with it. We never have a problem with a designated driver, we are all fine with not drinking. We have a great time just hanging out no booze needed

Old 03-30-2008, 09:38 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,337 times
Maybe they want to enjoy the scene, but have to drive themselves or others home. Thank God for DDs.

Or in some cases maybe people want to get out and mingle, but have battled a drinking problem in their past. Old habits die hard, even having just one could lead to a set back.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
You must be young, because I can't imagine people over 25 caring if another person is drinking. As others have said, I love your kind because you'll drive my drunk butt home.
What's your definition of young (I'm 32 1/2 years old)???

Old 04-03-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
Maybe they want to enjoy the scene, but have to drive themselves or others home. Thank God for DDs.

Or in some cases maybe people want to get out and mingle, but have battled a drinking problem in their past. Old habits die hard, even having just one could lead to a set back.
Drinking is like potato chips; you can't just stop at 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages