Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I think you NEED to serve Bloody Marys. Everyone will drink them with brunch. Just use Major Peters BM mix and add vodka. Not complicated at all. Stick celery stalk in them and you are done. They will be glaringly missed. Kind of like a cake with no icing.
We entertain a LOT, and have never served a BM nor has anyone asked nor has anyone had trouble with the big bar we normally set out. Nobody has once offered to bring ingredients either...though everyone has brought gifts of alcohol from time to time.

YMMV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
I am not a bloody mary drinker, either. I honestly don't see the appeal. I don't know anyone who drinks them, either.

You could do a mimosa bar with various juices. Orange, pineapple, apple, grapefruit. I like a mimosa but don't care for orange juice so I usually do pineapple. You could get some inexpensive carafes for the different juices. When we were in Jamaica last year the breakfast buffet had a mimosa bar. I loved that.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:27 AM

277 posts, read 327,595 times
Champagne or sparkling wine is nice.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I am not a bloody mary drinker, either. I honestly don't see the appeal. I don't know anyone who drinks them, either.

You could do a mimosa bar with various juices. Orange, pineapple, apple, grapefruit. I like a mimosa but don't care for orange juice so I usually do pineapple. You could get some inexpensive carafes for the different juices. When we were in Jamaica last year the breakfast buffet had a mimosa bar. I loved that.
Definitely going to do this. With some fruit as garnish. Love it.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Definitely going to do this. With some fruit as garnish. Love it.
Oh yes! Pineapple wedges, maybe some apples and grapes! it could be very fun!

Old 09-29-2017, 09:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I am not a fan of those...
Your guests might be.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:06 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Your guests might be.
She said earlier that in her circle of friends/family (the people who will be there), nobody drinks them. That being said, I would LOVE it - but I'm not a friend or a family. Of hers. I HAVE friends and I have a family, but they're not going to her party either.

emotiioo, I hope you have a great time!

Old 10-02-2017, 11:13 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Your guests might be.
Why all this pushback on bloody marys? Its really kind of funny! You would think I was committing a hostessing atrocity by not offering them.

Again, this is not a super boozy party as its during the day and its open to all ages. I was planning on having a few choices of easy to make drinks (easy like juice and champagne, not more than two ingredients) and BMs are not a fan favorite ("gross" was my sister's reaction, and "frat boy hangover drink" was my mate's). So there is no reason to waste time and energy making them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages