Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 08:30 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times

Advertisements

I'm a fan of this new product (as well as the original Bailey's, with Irish whiskey instead of bourbon; frugal tip: you can buy Ryan's for the half the price; same thing), but find them to be too sweet. I've seen recipes for homemade Bailey's, but it includes not only heavy whipping cream, but also sweetened condensed milk and various sugars plus almond and vanilla; way too sweet for my taste, and I'd also like to share some with a diabetic. Is there any reason I couldn't combine just bourbon and cream; would it curdle? Anyone tried it?

Hate to waste good bourbon, so thought I'd ask first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 10:48 AM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
I have no idea how to make it but Buffalo Trace makes an incredible Bourbon Cream.

Unfortunately,it's limited distribution

Old 10-31-2017, 10:57 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I have no idea how to make it but Buffalo Trace makes an incredible Bourbon Cream.

Unfortunately,it's limited distribution
I've had it. Again, too sweet for my taste. I just want liquor and cream -- no sugar. Any reason why that wouldn't work (or keep in the fridge, for holiday gift-giving), or would it curdle or separate? Maybe this post should have been placed on the "Cooking" thread!

Old 10-31-2017, 02:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Given that Brandy Alexander's have been around for many year's, I have to believe curdling wouldn't be a problem with bourbon or other spirits.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:37 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
You might try pouring a little bourbon into some cream and see before you mix up a whole lot. You can have fun destroying the evidence.

if the dairy cream curdles, you could try coconut cream. I like that better than dairy anyway.
And a little stevia could sweeten it without the usual artificial sweetener dangers.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:38 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
You might try pouring a little bourbon into some cream and see before you mix up a whole lot. You can have fun destroying the evidence.

if the dairy cream curdles, you could try coconut cream. I like that better than dairy anyway.
And a little stevia could sweeten it without the usual artificial sweetener dangers.
This is a good idea. Champagne (sparkling white wine, not the real French stuff) is good with breakfast plus some cranberry juice. I call it a "cramosa."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages