Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 03:21 PM

24,118 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
I'm a beer drinker. I really drink a lot of it and I don't understand why so many people love Heineken and prefer Heineken over other beer brands. I can't stand Heineken. It's one of the worst beers in my opinion. Am I the only one?
Nope. I hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2022, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,368 times
No, you aren’t. I prefer beers from local breweries the very few times I will drink a beer. Personally, Heineken is the nasty beer I have ever tasted, next to Budweiser. Budlight tastes pretty good to me

Old 10-02-2022, 08:34 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I don't like it, either. It was the Holy Grail of beers when I was in college in the 70s. I stuck to Genesee Cream Ale (ew!).

I also don't like Guiness, although I love other stouts. Go figure.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:21 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,171 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I think Heineken is well behind Stella, Carlsberg, Peroni and even Corona (which requires a lime). I'll drink these though preferably only in hot weather.

Heineken tastes skunky and it's effects feel like those of a really cheap beer. If someone gifted me a case of Heineken I'd give it to a neighbor.

But then we'll see Heineken advertising heavily during the World Cup and Champions League and for a second, I might forget it's garbage. The Dutch don't normally make low quality products but IMO they don't do beer well, Amstel and Grolsch are better than Heiny but only just.

Good Post - in terms of popular lagers, the likes of Stella, Peroni and San Miguel are fairly decent, whilst Kronenbourg seems to have decline under Heineken's
ownership.

Sadly a lot of the global mass market larger and beer trade (especially in the western world) is now controlled by four companies - AB-InBev, Molson Coors, Heineken and Carlsberg and beers are increasingly just brewed at one plant, sometimes with very similar ingredients.

It's little wonder that the response has been the growth in locally produced craft beers and lagers.

Beers ranked from worst to best - The Sun (2019)

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-07-2022 at 09:30 AM..

Old 10-07-2022, 01:39 PM

75 posts, read 40,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I remember drinking Heineken when in my young 20s and I could afford better than Miller and other bland watery beers. It was definitely better, but now I prefer to drink real beer, like a good IPA or Pale Ale. For just refreshment on a hot day I will go with the less expensive Blue Moon, but out at restaurants I'll look for one of my favorites, such as Fat Tire, Elysian, Mac & Jack's, Lagunitas or Rogue.
Love me some space dust!

Old 10-07-2022, 01:47 PM

383 posts, read 181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
With the level of quality currently available in the craft beer scene (not just referring to IPA's either), I have no idea why anyone would even waste their money on the mass produced pee water trash beer out there.

*shrugs* It's cheaper, available, and not too heavy/alcoholic

Sometimes that's just what you need

Just wish they'd change their bottle colors!

Old 10-07-2022, 02:09 PM

234 posts, read 267,113 times
Personally I enjoy Heineken every so often. I only buy it in cans (avoids the skunking in the green bottles). To each his own, there are plenty of beer options out there if you don't care for Heineken (or any other beer for that matter).

I enjoy everything from ultra-lights to strange Belgian beers that smell like horseblanket. I am not a big fan of super hoppy IPA's but I have many friends that drink nothing but those.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:28 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It's little wonder that the response has been the growth in locally produced craft beers and lagers.
For that I am thankful

There are so many good beers to drink (I drink mostly IPAs) seemingly everywhere. The days of limited beer options are long gone.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:42 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
It's on par with Budweiser. It's not like you are going to go out of your way to buy it but if it's one of the only beers on the menu, it's palatable. It's beer that really doesn't have any unique qualities to take aside from being cheap, mass produced beer to hate.

Old 10-07-2022, 03:01 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,478,124 times
try Tsing Tao beer,I understand someone stole the Heineken recipe to make Tsing Tao???????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages