Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

During the summer:
Weeknights: A "cold one" sometimes.......have to work the next AM.
Weekends: It's PARTY TIME!!!! On our boat on the lake fishing, it's Coors Light. If we "beach" the boat, it is either Wine Coolers or Coors Light. At home, it's a shot or two of Jose' Cuervo and a few beers.
During the winter:
Weeknights: Same as above
Weekends: Friday/Saturday nights at home, a shot or two of Jose' and a beer
When the wife and I drink, we are hilarous around each other....seems like the laughing doesn't stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
I drink water mostly. I'll sometimes have an IBC cream soda with supper. And I usually have a glass of chocolate milk with my wheat toast in the mornings.

I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:12 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,654 times
Default Boring Drinker

I drink water, coffee and iced tea. When I am out with friends I will on occasion drink red wine, usually Chianti but I really can't handle it. My friends call me a punk or a lightweight drinker.

I will generally order a girly drink, like a Pina Colada or Malibu Bay Breeze and then I will almost always ask the bartender for a glass of juice because I find the drink too strong. One of my friends got so fed up she said "Why don't you just order juice with a drop of alcohol for crying out loud!"

Oh yeah and I am getting sick of Malibu Bay Breeze. Can anyone recommend another sweet mixed drink?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I drink water mostly. I'll sometimes have an IBC cream soda with supper. And I usually have a glass of chocolate milk with my wheat toast in the mornings.

I don't drink alcoholic beverages.
Oh yeah, I forgot till I read your post. I love chocolate milk!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,686,789 times
I'm a jack and coke guy. These days it's jack and diet coke. I've lost 40 lbs in the past year without having to give up my alcohol thanks to the diet option.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,032 times
It has been 7 years since I had a drink with alcohol.
My old favorites were Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris.
I never knew how to stop at one. So, after way to many hang overs and wasted Saturdays, I took up hiking instead.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM

122 posts, read 179,183 times
It is water and sweet tea for me, but mostly water. Occasionally I will treat myself to a Pepsi, but not very often. I rarely drink, but when I do I drink Margaritas on the rocks. To prove how rarely I drink, on top of my refrigerator is a bottle of Crown (opened one time) and a bottle of Brandy (never opened) bought Christmas of 05. Who has time to drink with a full time job and 3 children. (ages 15, 3, & 6 months)

Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Here is my normal routine:
water
chocolate milk (2% white w/ chocolate syrup )
water and more water.
Grab a bottle of water getting in the car to take kids to school.
Refill bottle of water at least once before lunch.
Tea. If I'm at home it is sweet/decaf if out it is unsweet (unless I hit Chick-Fil-A and get a large sweet tea, I'm addicted)
Refill my tea glass most of the afternoon between runs to the potty (all that water and tea ).
More water and tea
Tea w/ dinner
If we go out on a weekend I might have an "adult" drink. Otherwise, tea
Night time if I get hungry, glass of milk. I LOVE MILK!!!

As for the "adult" drinks:
Wines - prefer whites and cold but like a good Pinot Nior. I like light, crisp wines.
Beer - Corona Light w/ a lime
A few mixed drinks but I've become a bit of a drink snob as I have a very good friend that I call my personal bartender. He makes the BEST drinks. So I try to keep a fully stocked bar at home w/ everything he will need to mix us all up some drinks. I must say I do splurge on Tequila, average price for a bottle of Tequila for us is about $80 and yes it is used to make Margarita's. They are SOOOOOOO good. It does make a difference. I have a wine fridge now and it is stocked even to keep my reds cool. I'm like MoMark though, I may open a bottle every now and then and usually only have one glass and then the rest goes bad. I hate that to waste a good wine. Hubby has a kegorator full of Coors Light right now. Did have Shiner Bock prior but that gets too heavy. Fridge in the garage has Coors Light and Corona Light.

For those wanting a good summer drink that is nice and cool and refreshing but not heavy we have one we call a Cherry Limeade.
1 bottle Smirnoff Ice poured over ice, 1-2 shots cherri-berri pucker, squeeze of lime. OMY, it is sooooo good.

Who wanted the coffee drink? I have two hot drinks I like but neither are coffee. One is hot chocolate w/ a shot of peppermint schnapps topped w/ whipped cream. The other is called Hot Apple Pie. It is hot Apple Cider w/ a shot of Tuaca. Stir w/ a cinnamon stick.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
I had a little issue with "demon alcohol" back in the early seventies so I don't drink alcohol often. I do enjoy a glass of wine when we go out to dinner and I also have a Guinness once in a while. Other than that it's water, club soda, green tea and a Pepsi once in a while.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,618 times
well its friday pm .time for some white merlot tonite. good health salude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages