Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:54 PM

255 posts, read 819,955 times

Advertisements

I'm an IPA fan, myself, and I'd have to say that Sculler's IPA by Skagit River Brewery in Mount Vernon, WA is excellent. Pretty much all of Rogue's brews (out of OR, as already mentioned) are stellar, too, with my favorites being the Hazelnut Brown Nectar and Mocha Porter. Leavenworth Brewery in Leavenworth, WA makes a great unfiltered hefeweizen. Silver City Brewery in Silverdale, WA does a very fine Whoop Pass Double IPA, MacFarlane's Scotch Ale, and the Bavarian Style Hefeweizen is tasty (appreciable banana notes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 06:11 PM

841 posts, read 4,830,415 times
Default wow

Wow, wanderlust,
those sound awesome. I had the pleasure of trying another poster's brew choice a few weeks ago...Edmund Fitzgerald Porter...it's out of this world. VERY good, indeed.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:35 PM

255 posts, read 819,955 times
Thumbs up Love to try new micros

Thanks for the tip, summers! Where would one get that brew? You could probably tell from the post that I'm in Washington State, where we are fortunate to have a plethora of fine breweries, even in the small cities. If you think you'll ever be out in these parts, I'd be happy to give you some ideas on where to go for a great micro. I tend to gravitate toward the very hoppy, strong brews...the MacFarlane's Scotch Ale and Scullers are fairly high in alcohol content, too, so I have to remember to pace myself!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,638,566 times
The best micro brew I have had and it is the best beer I have ever had was the Java Porter from Sun Mountain Brewing in Boulder, CO. So incredible.

A local chain in New England, John Harvard's, has some excellent award winning beers, namely Manchester Alt, Black Widow Lager and a Nut Brown ale.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:32 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,022,013 times
Fan of most versions from Leinenkugel's [Wisconsin].

For example, and altho' some don't care for the sweetness of this, I really like this one: Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss® - Now available as a year-round variety!

Capital City [also WI] has a similar beer, Weizen Doppelbock, that also enjoy.

Here in Fort Wayne, IN, Mad Anthony's has one that is also on the sweeter side: Ruby Raspberry Wheat...

Hmmmm,,, that coupled w/ my pref for Blue Moon, seems to be a trend going on here...

Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM

81 posts, read 349,212 times
Browns up in Troy NY has a great Whiskey Porter,and one of my favorites is the Pale Ale up in The Davidsons Brewpub in Glens Falls NY.
I could go on for hours but I will spare everyone

Great Post Cheers!!

Old 06-09-2007, 02:22 PM

253 posts, read 1,737,914 times
Lagunitas Sirius (and everything else they brew) Petaluma, CA

Dead Guy Ale by Rogue, Newport, OR

Kilt Lifter by Four Peaks, Tempe, AZ

Fat Tire (and all the rest) by New Belgium, Fort Collins, CO

Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 PM

51 posts, read 128,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
My favorite is Dogfish Head IPA brewed in Milton, Delaware. Hick-up
Dogfish Head is hands down the best IPA I've had. The best microbrew I've had is Hale's Cream Ale(Seattle,WA).

Old 06-10-2007, 06:12 AM

536 posts, read 1,190,822 times
blue point ale from long island

Old 02-01-2018, 07:56 AM

1,487 posts, read 774,639 times
Mac n Jack African Amber

Shocktop

Apricot Ale

Full Sail Ale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages