Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 03:49 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,479,455 times

Advertisements

Not sure if I am putting this in the right forum, if not I hope the Mod will forgive me.
I was wondering why it is that every time I drink when I go to bed I wake exactly 4 hours later...then have a heck of a time getting back to sleep, if I even do get back to sleep. I'm not a real heavy drinker but I do like to enjoy drinks with friends etc.
I'm about on the verge of just hanging up Alcohol forever though because of this. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME! It gets old. Even if say, I have a couple drinks at 5pm, I will still not sleep right.
If I drink on a Monday (for example) I won't be back on a good sleep schedule until about Thursday, it throws me way off for some reason.
Just curious if someone on here with more knowledge could give me some answers. Thanks!!!
(I know it's a silly topic, most people sleep harder after drinking, not me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 04:27 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Have you tried talking to your doctor about this? Do you drink enough water?

Drinking alcohol of any kind dehydrates the body. Maybe your body is waking up because of dehydration? Maybe try drinking more water before, during, and after your alcoholic drinks. You'll have to pee more, obviously, but you might sleep better. A nurse once told me it takes 30 minutes for liquid to work through a healthy persons body... so just make sure you don't drink a lot of water 45 or so minutes before you plan to go to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages