Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,045 times

Advertisements

No you are not alone. I am nearly 60 and have the same problem too and do not have a good answer either. The end result is always a migraine if I let myself get really out of control crying. Unfortunately, the best answer is to try to keep things under control which is not good either. I have had MDs tell me my ear canals/nasal passages were on the extra small size now that I think about it. I suppose how all your sinus passages drain would control all that. My eyes stay really really dry on the norm, which is what led me to this web link. I don't know if you have migraines a lot, but I do. I blame mine on self induced emotional stress. I tend to keep tension in my facial muscles and hold my breath as a reflex habit that I don't even think about. Not being able to have healthy tears really stinks. I've even tried taking Benadryl , skipped work because I look like a monster for a whole day after a tearful episode even though am long over a short crying episode . Why bother trying to explain this one to a MD. Unless you have a best friend or a sister thats a physician you are probably just out of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 02:15 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
I dread crying as my eyes sting like hell.. especially the right one.. its really painful and my eye closes over... it looks awful.. so I try not to get too emotional a lot as I end up with a sore head and looking and feeling awful..I have a chemical illness and a growth in my eye and allergic eyes so what can I do..

Old 04-16-2015, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,999 times
When I cry my eye lashes fall out

Old 04-29-2015, 01:50 AM

4 posts, read 13,229 times
Typically a person develops an allergic response to an airborne allergen that contacts the moist surface of the eyes. While the tears contain multiple proteins that are cytokines, mediators, and inhibitors, a person does not become allergic to these substances.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,928 times
I have had the same problem my entire life my entire face turns red eyes get super puffy and red then later they itch I get really bad migraines that usually land me in the er blurry vision sensitivity to lights and sound guessing due to the migraine nose gets stuffed to the point my ears feel stuffed and pop almost like your changing elevation at a high speed I never thought i t was normal I try to avoid crying at all costs

Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,720 times
Whenever I cry my face also gets very blotchy and swells, and my eyes swell up and stay that way till the next day. I actually got out of work one day because it looked like I was having a bad reaction to something and in all reality I was just crying the day before. Nothing seems to help.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
I have the same issue going on, I have to plan a day when it's OK to cry especially not the day before work...it takes 2 days for the swelling to go down if I cry just a little, my eyes get extremely swollen as if I was punched in the eyes repeatedly lol, they itch and burn really bad my vision is also distorted. I think it is some sort of an allergic reaction that occurs in some individuals including myself...

Old 12-07-2016, 03:42 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
I get swollen, painful eyes and a migraine after I cry. My solution is to try not to ever cry. If I do end up crying, I take benadryl and sudafed right after, and I use an ice pack over my eyes. I usually have trouble with my contact lenses being cloudy and gooey for two days after I cry, so I'll be careful to rinse the lenses often.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
How often do adults even end up crying? Isn't that a very rare occurrence? Its generally something you grow out of. Sure there are life-changing things that occur a few times in your life which would lead to that sort of thing, but its not exactly a yearly occurrence (exceptions of course - living in an actual war zone etc).

Old 12-08-2016, 02:55 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
How often do adults even end up crying? Isn't that a very rare occurrence? Its generally something you grow out of. Sure there are life-changing things that occur a few times in your life which would lead to that sort of thing, but its not exactly a yearly occurrence (exceptions of course - living in an actual war zone etc).
You're a man, right?

For women it can be related to changes in hormone levels during the month. It doesn't happen to all women, but some women are more likely to cry, happy or sad, for a couple days each month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies