Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,952 times

Advertisements

I have the same thing happen to me. Everyone says that I am just overreacting and that it couldn't really happen but it does. I am allergic to my tears. If a tear touches my face it feels like acid rain and that it turn makes me cry more. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 07:47 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
I have quite severe chemical allergies since young... and my right eye stings like hell if I cry.. and looks terrible for days after, all sunken .

Old 02-22-2017, 08:53 PM

8 posts, read 9,550 times
It's such a pain to cry that I hate going through it. I'm jealous of people who can cry in a bathroom at work and then come out and no one is the wiser to what they were doing apparently. My cheeks will hurt where the tears roll down my eyes and nose get red if I even start to feel tearful! Then the after effects remain.. the redness and puffiness stay put for an hour or two so everyone would know I was crying... and I get headaches and feel hungover even if I go to sleep, I'll wake up the next day with funny looking eyes and a hangover feeling. It's not worth crying for a short time because of the "crying hangover" lasting forever!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,795 times
I have the exact same problem. When I cry, my eyes swell, they get red and burn, kind of blurry too, and stay that way for the rest of the day, and sometimes the next day, I get a headache, and I feel emotionally drained, and just can't function well for the rest of the day. I too try not to cry anymore than I have too, because my whole day will be ruined if I do. I was told that I was allergic to my tears, but doesn't seem like there is anything you can do for it. If anyone has an answer, I would love to hear it or know where to go. I'm so tired of this happening. Everyone can tell that I've been crying, even if it was just a little bit of crying, it shows and lasts all day!

Old 07-12-2017, 10:43 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Crying and allergies??? A lot of crying will make anyone's eyes red and blurry and swollen. It's OK to cry as it's a good release for many of us, but the allergy angle, I wouldn't go that far, but who knows.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,039,129 times
I have gone to ophthalmologists and even retina experts - did the whole battery of allergy test- they even looked up my nose- the retina Dr. checked for any tumors-
I have dry eyes they say-- the expensive tear drops burn in my eyes, my tears burn my eyes, and I am swollen as if had allergies all the time- I wear a eye pads at night makes no difference I look like a raccoon in heat.
I tell them --my eyes are SUFFERING

nobody has come up with a answer- I am wondering if location is a problem Central FL-lots of trees- I had much less issues in the Miami area--

Old 02-08-2018, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
my eyes get itchy and swell when I cry. and then I get bags under my eyes too. Same reaction I get if am around a cat. Then if I forget NOT to rub my eyes and rub them because of the itch, its REALLY bad. I have allergy eye drops that help.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,676 times
Crying reduces cortisol. Reduced cortisol un-surpressed the immune system in several ways, so that might be a factor.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,568 times
Default Skin feels burned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Sometimes my tears burn my skin but that's as bad as it gets.
I've recently started experiencing this as well. The skin where the tears have touched or been brushed away looks and feels horribly sunburned. Does anyone have new info on this please?

Old 05-19-2019, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,188 times
I have the same problem! It is a real problem! I have read the thread, but I don’t see any replies. Where are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies