Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 9,403 times

Advertisements

Can I safely take Benedryl @ night after having taken Allegra 180 mg earlier in the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
When I have really BAD allergies like right now w/ all of the ragweed I can safely take Benedryl along w/ my Allegra or Singular which I am now on. The Benedryl is the only thing that gets rid of the "itchy" feel in my eyes, nose and ears. Another good thing is the Zicam Allergy Relief that is otc and homeopathic in how it works and my doc has no problem w/ me using it if it helps relieve the itchy feel in my nose.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 PM

100 posts, read 455,384 times
The best advise I can give is to call your local wal-mart or walgreen pharmacist for that question. I am a respiratory therapist, I would suggest you talk to your Doc about either trying Singulair at night or switching you to Zyrtec D with some sort of spray. Flonase or Nasonex. These to are steriodal, but there are some non-steroidal which are the same as a nasal saline wash.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM

114 posts, read 510,601 times
you can almost mix anything, as long as its not too much

Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Since I'm sure someone will think this needs to get moved let me add that right now allergies are REALLY BAD in the Dallas and North Texas area so this IS indeed something more common for this area. Ragweed is rough this time of year and I know of many that are suffering thru it right now. I'm actually doing pretty well considering. BUT, I just had an intial visit w/ a allergy/asthma doc a few weeks ago and he put me on Singular over Allegra along w/ Nasonex and told me to use the Benedryl when the "itchy" stuff got too bad. I also have Patanol eye drops.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:26 PM

100 posts, read 455,384 times
Seem that the Singulair or Zyrtec D plus your steroidal nasal spray combo works the best. It is the combination I use. Hope this works for you. Benedryl only works on the external effect of the allergy (itching, runny eyes, swelling). Your other meds will work on the allergy internally at the cellular level. This makes them more effective. I feel you pain with your allegies.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 PM

164 posts, read 792,285 times
Why in the world would you post this kind of question here? Next question is why would you follow medical advice given to you on a anonymous forum with the topic of Dallas? Cal the closest pharmacy and talk to a pharmacist or call you doctor.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:40 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
Why in the world would you post this kind of question here? Next question is why would you follow medical advice given to you on a anonymous forum with the topic of Dallas? Cal the closest pharmacy and talk to a pharmacist or call you doctor.

[/quote]

What's the big deal?? they can ask any question they want on here; I guess they are smart enough to know that there are all types of posters on this forum
if you haven't noticed, there are doctors; nurse practitioners; Respiratory therapist, pharmacy techs, and pharmacists; my kids are at least. And it's only asking about Benadryl, not Dilaudid or anything that serious. Give us a break!!
Thanks

Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,477 times
I took a prescription drug (Cephalexin) and I broke out in a rash. What kind of Benedryl can I take to help the rash go away? It also kind of itches at times.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june1966 View Post
I took a prescription drug (Cephalexin) and I broke out in a rash. What kind of Benedryl can I take to help the rash go away? It also kind of itches at times.

I too am allergic to that antibiotic. You did stop taking the medicine-right? If not,then I would. You need to let your doctor know so he/she can prescribe something else. Not sure you'll need Benadryl if you've stopped the Cephalexin but Benadryl is Benadryl so I don't understand your question about what "kind" of Benadryl to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies