U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 06:10 PM

659 posts, read 886,984 times

Advertisements

I noticed a few months back my fingers would get really swollen, it would lst for weeks. My doctor kept giving me diuretics, ran some blood tests and said my kidneys were fine. At the same time my vision suddenly got bad and I couldn't read close, I still have trouble with my new contacts.

Anyway, now when I eat I swear I am getting canker sores in my mouth. The inside of my mouth and throat feel a little irritated, I noticed it got worse when I ate a sandwich with cheese and tomato.

I am to the point of not eating anything! I took a benadryl last night and slept for 10 hours straight. Just knocked me out but I felt a little better today. I never been allergic to anything before, but it seems like I might be. My doctor says it's in my head and I just don't want to eat.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 PM

19,864 posts, read 60,050,299 times
Tomatoes and other acidic food can cause canker sore in sensitive people. You cannot be allergic to all food, it's just not possible. You need to keep a food log to find a pattern. Also, cook everything from scratch as you never know what chemicals are in prepared food. No fast food, either. Once you have identified a pattern, you will know what to avoid. Maybe you have pork chops and then have swollen fingers. Is it the pork, the sasoning, the salt? You will have to do elimination trials.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Could this be reflux? Last night I was just working on my laptop and all the sudden I got this intense burning sensation in my throat. I thought I was coming down with something. It felt like hot soup. It went away after 30 minutes, but keeps coming back. I also noticed this past week I had cancker sores in my mouth and my throat seemed sensitive when i would drink soda. The past few days my tongue feels like I drank something hot and it's burns a little.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:22 PM

19,864 posts, read 60,050,299 times
Yes, GERD feels like battery acid coming up your throat and nothing really helps except maybe eating a slice of bread. Buy some Prilosec at the grocery and start taking it to see if it helps. For that, if it's really bad, you need a physician. Chronic erosion of the esophagus can lead to cancer of the throat so it's nothing to fool around with. An ENT could look at your throat and tell you how bad it is. There's actually an operation to tighten up the valve at the bottom to prevent bile from coming up but that's for the most severe cases.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

15,849 posts, read 32,091,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I noticed a few months back my fingers would get really swollen, it would lst for weeks. My doctor kept giving me diuretics, ran some blood tests and said my kidneys were fine. At the same time my vision suddenly got bad and I couldn't read close, I still have trouble with my new contacts.

Anyway, now when I eat I swear I am getting canker sores in my mouth. The inside of my mouth and throat feel a little irritated, I noticed it got worse when I ate a sandwich with cheese and tomato.

I am to the point of not eating anything! I took a benadryl last night and slept for 10 hours straight. Just knocked me out but I felt a little better today. I never been allergic to anything before, but it seems like I might be. My doctor says it's in my head and I just don't want to eat.
I would locate a holistic or naturopathic practitioner and they will work to discover what the problem is and how to fix it. Conventional medical doctors only treat the symptoms, rarely (if ever) correcting the underlying problem.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 PM

ok, I don' know if I should start with my doc or an ENT? What about a gastro doc? Just scared me so much last night when my throat got burning hot, I felt it in my ears! I have had strange taste in my mouth off and on for the past 2 months, went to my dentist more than once, he found nothing wrong with my teeth. Today my tongue feels like it was burnt, my ears still a little warm and I have a sore throat.

Maybe I will pick up prilosec, not sure of it mixes well with lisinopril but I have to take something.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I would locate a holistic or naturopathic practitioner and they will work to discover what the problem is and how to fix it. Conventional medical doctors only treat the symptoms, rarely (if ever) correcting the underlying problem.

20yrsinBranson

funny you mention that, I was starting to look for a naturopathic doc, but my husband laughed at me.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 PM

3,852 posts, read 8,716,210 times
Quote:
ok, I don' know if I should start with my doc or an ENT? What about a gastro doc? Just scared me so much last night when my throat got burning hot, I felt it in my ears! I have had strange taste in my mouth off and on for the past 2 months, went to my dentist more than once, he found nothing wrong with my teeth. Today my tongue feels like it was burnt, my ears still a little warm and I have a sore throat.

Maybe I will pick up prilosec, not sure of it mixes well with lisinopril but I have to take something.
I take Lisinopril and my doctor prescribed Ranitidine (prescription strength Zantac) for GERD, so I'd try over the counter Zantac. I know they mix well

Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM

15,849 posts, read 32,091,448 times
Quote:
funny you mention that, I was starting to look for a naturopathic doc, but my husband laughed at me.
Your husband isn't having the problem, now is he?

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 AM

41,377 posts, read 52,691,139 times
I don't believe and ENT will be able to help you. I went to several ENT's before one said that I really needed an allergy doctor and recomended a holistic doctor. I went to the holistic doctor and after running some tests he put me on a glutten free diet which eventually eliminated all of my allergy problems. A holistic doctor will formulate a dietary program specifically for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies