Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:24 AM

1,352 posts, read 787,515 times

Advertisements

Jamin,
This grapeseed extract has a paramount effect on my allergy! I am not using the medications I needed for many years... What a difference!
I am planning to use 200mg a day starting this June (my weight is about 200 LB).
Thank you so much for this info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 10:59 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple47 View Post
Jamin,
This grapeseed extract has a paramount effect on my allergy! I am not using the medications I needed for many years... What a difference!
I am planning to use 200mg a day starting this June (my weight is about 200 LB).
Thank you so much for this info!
Thanks for your good report, it can only get better and NOT to be buying/using drugs is a real miracle. Dose up now and then too....as I've said I'm close to 21 yrs and NO DRUGS.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:26 PM

Jamin,

I cant believe, but the dizziness I had twice a week is gone. The only change in my environment is: grape seed extract.
Thank you so much!

- Maple

Old 06-12-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Jamin,

I cant believe, but the dizziness I had twice a week is gone. The only change in my environment is: grape seed extract.
Thank you so much!

- Maple
Honey, I'm so glad you heard me and are having the great results so far. Vertigo/dizziness are addressed with grape seed ex... I only WISH so many of my other friends had gotten on it, one friend is dealing with breast cancer and I've told her about grape seed for a couple yrs but went on deaf ears. Now she's going to start on a different chemo drug....I'm banking on grape seed ex to keep me free of that dreaded "C".... Iodine too for breast health. Got a little OT but can't help myself. J

PS: Do you notice More Energy? Some things are subtle, I know I have more Energy overall and deal with a horrid body of OA chronic pain. I have a good friend who has horrible allergies and she's tried to take grape seed ex and pycnogenol over the years but due to colitis she can't take it. I was just talking to her and she had to hang up as she was about to fall asleep and it's later afternoon. I know it would help her, but for the colitis, she just can't. She also deals with vertigo...grrrrrr

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-12-2016 at 05:36 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 10:11 AM

Jamin,

Thanks God, I always have energy.
I remember you recommended a book on grape seed extract, but cannot find the reference. Would you give it again, please?
Thank you.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:30 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,944,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Didn't work for me. At all. From what I've read, I'm not alone in that. Glad it helps you, but for me Flonase works so that's what I'm sticking with. Also going to stick with Symbicort for my asthma cause breathing is high on my list of things I enjoy.
I'm on Symbicort for my asthma too. Works a treat.

Oh, I know, it's just ridiculous to be treated by a board-certified allergist when I could get top-notch advice right here from loons who know nothing about medicine.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:32 PM

Default books on grape seed ex

Quote:
Jamin,

Thanks God, I always have energy.
I remember you recommended a book on grape seed extract, but cannot find the reference. Would you give it again, please?
Thank you.
Here's some available on amazon.

I have a couple of them and some I bought from a Health Food store. Many of these stores have racks of paperback books and when I got into grape seed ex back in 1995 I could not get my hands on enough info to read about this short of a miracle supplement. I LOVE the Clark Hansen paperback for $1.95 and this was the booklet I lent to my bridge friend with asthma and she shortly after got on grape seed ex. That was she says about 10 yrs ago.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ct+books&ajr=0

Back in 1995, it was books and health food stores as I didn't get a home computer until 2005.

Nothing looney about this OPC. BTW: I went to an allergist for some yrs, took his tests and shots, he took my money and I NEVER got better, Never. Found out later he committed suicide. Maybe he couldn't live with himself anymore, not healing anyone. His office was always loaded with sick people who "needed" him for their drugs. Didn't dig into why he he took his life. None of my business anyway. He always looked sick himself. I knew nothing but sudafed, drixoral and the allergist. That is so history. He was a "nice" man but I knew nothing but I can reflect back to those years.

I see that over the years sudafed is now under lock and key. When I took it, right off the shelf out in the open. Guess, it's pretty dangerous and used by many making illegal drugs.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-20-2016 at 03:53 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 05:04 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I'm on Symbicort for my asthma too. Works a treat.

Oh, I know, it's just ridiculous to be treated by a board-certified allergist when I could get top-notch advice right here from loons who know nothing about medicine.
Symbicort is a wonder drug. As a life long asthmatic (I'm 56), I can attest to the amazing advances in the treatment of asthma. I will be forever grateful to the researchers who gave me a life where asthma doesn't cause me misery like it did as a kid.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:17 PM

My friend who takes grape seed ex got the asthma later in life. Talked about being in an auto accident, breaking sternum and then the onset of asthma, something to that effect.

Wonder why small children end up with asthma? I know a lot of mothers still smoked while pregnant and my mother did not, none of the women in my family smoked. But, I do remember at a place where I worked in the 90's, a young woman was pregnant with her 2nd child and she was a smoker and didn't quit during her pregnancy. She would go outside to smoke, I was shocked at her habit while pregnant. I left that job but found out later that this woman's child had asthma. Never saw her again nor those folks so I'm guessing due to her smoking.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:39 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My friend who takes grape seed ex got the asthma later in life. Talked about being in an auto accident, breaking sternum and then the onset of asthma, something to that effect.

Wonder why small children end up with asthma? I know a lot of mothers still smoked while pregnant and my mother did not, none of the women in my family smoked. But, I do remember at a place where I worked in the 90's, a young woman was pregnant with her 2nd child and she was a smoker and didn't quit during her pregnancy. She would go outside to smoke, I was shocked at her habit while pregnant. I left that job but found out later that this woman's child had asthma. Never saw her again nor those folks so I'm guessing due to her smoking.
No one should smoke. It's a nasty, disgusting habit and certainly contributes to lung disease. But, 3/5ths of people with asthma have a parent or sibling who also has asthma. Genetics cannot be avoided so it's nowhere as simple as smoking during pregnancy causes your child to have asthma.

Some people perceive asthma as "just some coughing and wheezing" and need to be aware that 10 people die every day in the US due to uncontrolled asthma. 3,650 deaths per year that could be avoided with proper treatment.

Asthma Facts | AAFA.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies