Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 672 times

Advertisements

I am allergic to a lot of make up and have gone about mostly bare faced for about 10 years. I hate this. I thought we could share beauty tips on this topic. My beauty tip: The best make up I have found is Physicians Formula, which I buy in the States, but I think it may be available here too. It is made out of minerals and I seem to do okay with it. Most make up makes me so itchy and rashy that it is just not worth using. Has anyone tried anything else that works??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 12:02 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
You need to do a patch test somewhere other than your face each time you get a new product. That way if you do have a reaction, you don't have it all over your face.

Sometimes you can figure out what ingredient is causing your reaction. For me, one big one is chemical sunscreens. I also have reactions to anything by L'oreal or Physician's Formula. But those reactions aren't as bad as the sunscreen reaction. I've learned to test every new product on my arm and wait 24 hours before putting it on my face.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:27 PM

551 posts, read 1,573,849 times
try chemical free make-up. If you go to the Skin Deep website and click on what you are looking for (like blush, Foundation etc.) it rates make-up with numbers, 0 being the best. It will cost a little more but well worth it. I am chemical free in all my products including shampoo, toothpaste, face creams etc. Best thing I ever did!

Old 09-13-2016, 01:11 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asonnier View Post
try chemical free make-up. If you go to the Skin Deep website and click on what you are looking for (like blush, Foundation etc.) it rates make-up with numbers, 0 being the best. It will cost a little more but well worth it. I am chemical free in all my products including shampoo, toothpaste, face creams etc. Best thing I ever did!
There's no such thing as chemical free...even water is a chemical. Everything you use has to be made out of something, or you'd just be putting air on your skin (and actually, air is made out of chemicals too).

Old 09-13-2016, 03:30 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
There's no such thing as chemical free...even water is a chemical. Everything you use has to be made out of something, or you'd just be putting air on your skin (and actually, air is made out of chemicals too).
I know what you mean as I am sensitive to certain chemicals. I think we throw the term "chemical free" around and WE may know what we mean but technically it's incorrect. So I looked it up. What we're concerned with here are synthetic chemicals. Of course you can be allergic to natural chemicals too, like a plant for instance. You can be allergic to something natural like aloe or lanolin. But I think we're mainly referring to synthetic chemicals when we talk about "chemical free."

This means that a product contains no man-made ingredients to speak of—it’s 100% made of naturally occurring elements or compounds.

The Difference Between Natural, Organic, and Chemical-Free Beauty Products | Byrdie

Old 09-14-2016, 01:53 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,225,468 times
Quote:
Can you please provide a link? I googled it but did not get a good result.

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:20 PM

551 posts, read 1,573,849 times
Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG

Old 09-16-2016, 12:57 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,225,468 times
Quote:
Thank you!

Old 09-18-2016, 04:07 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Yes thats true but we can lighten the load greatly by finding out the lesser dangers in makeups...the thing is that regulations arent very strict on whats actually in makeups, perfumes etc... they dont have to tell all.. which is awful.. I only use water based foundation, but only on special occassions, I leave my skin makeup free now as it has adverse effects on me... skin creams too arent fancy expensive ones that promise the earth... the last one I wore had my skin on fire and affected my eyes badly...I only use Doublebase.. cheap and cheerful and with no bad effects...

Old 09-21-2016, 12:49 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,688,656 times
I've recently started having this problem too. It's mainly skin care products, not so much makeup. I've started using Posh products and they've been great so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies