Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 11:54 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times

Advertisements

I get terrible sinus headaches (though they are less now that I've had surgery on them). If you're going to do a neti pot/sinus rinse and are already clogged, I highly recommend eating something very spicy beforehand (Vietnamese pho with sriracha is my go-to) or taking a hot and steamy shower first with eucalyptus. You don't want things to get stuck in there.

I also have a vaporizer-type thing from Walgreens. You stick a little water in it, and it boils it. Steam comes out a funnel and you can breathe it in. It eases my symptoms when I've got a bad headache.

Good luck - sinus infections are terrible. But the antibiotics usually take care of things pretty quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 08:20 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
The allergist gave this treatment for my friend.

Antibiotic (you're already on it)

Saline spray
i hear a lot of people say the nasal flush cures their problem on its own, so worth a try.
Nasal rinse or sinus flush. There are pre-boxed sinus rinses with saline and I believe baking soda. He said to do this a couple of times in the shower because it's gross. lol You can find it on popular shopping sites on the internet.

He also prescribed a steroid for swelling. But you can just take some an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen and give it a go.

The salt in the spray and flush help get rid of mold. The antibiotic gets rid of bacteria.
Hope you feel better soon!!

Old 05-19-2017, 05:52 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
I have started using the Xlear sinus rinse. I love it. Xylitol CHANGED MY LIFE as far as mouth infections. So now I am in the process of curing my long standing sinus infections with it. I now make my own "rinse" because it is so cheap to do compared to buying the pre-mixed packets. I love the pressure rinse bottle - much better than the neti-pot. I encourage everyone with sinus issues to give it a try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies