Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 01:11 PM

202 posts, read 1,011,620 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am considering buying my first indoor room air purifier/cleaner. I would like to get a really good high quality one that does the job extra well as I have sinus allergies and the older I get the more pronounced they become. I would be interested in reading about recommended makes and models that are worth considering for purchase. I don't mind spending extra money for an example that I know will do the job right. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 02:50 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,234,233 times
There are already a some topics like this in this section for you to look at.

Which Air Purifier Would You Get?

Air purifiers to "clean" the air or really just for your mental state?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,334,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy71 View Post
Hi,
I am considering buying my first indoor room air purifier/cleaner. I would like to get a really good high quality one that does the job extra well as I have sinus allergies and the older I get the more pronounced they become. I would be interested in reading about recommended makes and models that are worth considering for purchase. I don't mind spending extra money for an example that I know will do the job right. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
The Envirocare True HEPA are great.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 AM

12,629 posts, read 14,757,130 times
It's now 8 mos later since the OP posted this.

Well, you must have bought something by now, right? I wish people who post questions, etc. would return in a timely fashion to their threads that THEY started.

I've had this: https://www.qvc.com/Ionic-Pro-Platin...92-CSWB&TZ=EST

But I know there are MUCH better quality ones out there & I need to start looking for it.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 PM

I've had the air purifier I posted that I got since March, 2017 & never felt any difference. It was $140 plus tax when we got it. Too bad it's been too long to return it. I would NOT recommend to anyone to buy this one:

https://www.qvc.com/Ionic-Pro-Platin...92-CSWB&TZ=EST

After the 1st review below, I looked up a bit about ionizing air purifiers. Read these articles. You sure do have to research pretty much EVERYTHING before you buy it!

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/news/20...ealth-hazard#1

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-...r21-story.html

I was looking at the recent reviews & read what some people said about it, especially the 1st review:

"I just learned that ionizing air filters create ozone. As I have a respiratory illness, this was certainly not a good thing to have."

"
This is the worst air cleaner I ever purchased. I am really sorry I wasted money on this. It really is only using electricity, it is doing nothing to clean the air."

"
I received my unit at the beginning of April 2017 and I am very disappointed that it doesn't make a difference in making the air smell clean or different in any way. I'm even doubtful that it is an ionizer or at least it is not a good one."

"Bought two of these based off their presentation of not having to buy filters and will out perform other air cleaners but quickly found out that it does not do what they say it will"

Last edited by Forever Blue; 09-17-2018 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-27-2018, 06:59 AM

OK, so after a good amount of research but without breaking the bank either, I recently bought the Levoit Air Purifier with True Hepa Filter for $180:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...keyword=levoit

Amazon & of course the brand's official website sells it too, but BB&B was cheapest for me because they always have 20% off coupons that never expire.

I'll have to see if I can actually feel or tell the difference in my apt.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:55 PM

308 posts, read 273,295 times
I have a T-500 Tower with silver hepa filter, a cool air DP04 and a little desk top hepa on top of fridge.

The windows in my apt are drafty and the apt is close to the xway. Lots of Pollution. I never had the air quality tested yet - and I do leave the Tower on all night in bedroom when sleeping. The cool air is for day in the living room.

I also have filters on the ac/heat pumps that show quite a bit of dust action that needs cleaning alot. No shared duct work with other apartments in building tho.

I purchased these due to sinus issues. The carpets in apts can be so chemically toxic. I also purchased a 3-step green building treatment to seal in the carpet VOCs.
Must work - my symptoms are pretty much gone (until I leave the house. my car could use a cleaning)

Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 AM

4,009 posts, read 2,932,321 times
I have a Trion Air Bear 20" x 25" MERV 11 filter for the furnace, and a Whirlpool AP450 for the bedroom. The Whirlpool runs continuously on low, while the furnace fan just runs when heating or cooling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies