Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,544 times

Advertisements

Hello,

A little background on what happened, about 5 months ago, I came back to Texas from Florida for a work conference and the day after I came back, I had a dentist appointment to get my tooth prepped and had a temporary crown put on. That same day later on, I noticed my skin just started to really itch and when I looked in the mirror, my skin on both sides of my face were crusty, flaky, itchy, and red. This rash is basically symmetrical on both sides of my face, pretty much on my cheeks and a little under my eyes and it stops at the sideburns on both sides.

Till now, the itching has subsided, but the redness still remains and I've seen dermatologists and they cannot pinpoint exactly what it is. Cortisone seems to temporary make the dryness go away, but the redness remains and dryness eventually comes back.

I cannot tell if something went in my bloodstream during the dental work, something while I was in Florida, or whatever it may have been to have caused this. I've been to this dentist before for a root canal the year prior and I was fine then. Something tells me it has to be something at the dentist that caused this because this flared up the same day I had my tooth prepped (gums bled, temporary crown put on) and I also along with this rash have been having this constant mucus build up in my throat.

Has anyone ever had this experience or may know what this could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 07:41 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingachops View Post
Hello,

A little background on what happened, about 5 months ago, I came back to Texas from Florida for a work conference and the day after I came back, I had a dentist appointment to get my tooth prepped and had a temporary crown put on. That same day later on, I noticed my skin just started to really itch and when I looked in the mirror, my skin on both sides of my face were crusty, flaky, itchy, and red. This rash is basically symmetrical on both sides of my face, pretty much on my cheeks and a little under my eyes and it stops at the sideburns on both sides.

Till now, the itching has subsided, but the redness still remains and I've seen dermatologists and they cannot pinpoint exactly what it is. Cortisone seems to temporary make the dryness go away, but the redness remains and dryness eventually comes back.

I cannot tell if something went in my bloodstream during the dental work, something while I was in Florida, or whatever it may have been to have caused this. I've been to this dentist before for a root canal the year prior and I was fine then. Something tells me it has to be something at the dentist that caused this because this flared up the same day I had my tooth prepped (gums bled, temporary crown put on) and I also along with this rash have been having this constant mucus build up in my throat.

Has anyone ever had this experience or may know what this could be?
Did you tell your dentist about this? Maybe they could tell you what was injected and what allergic reactions to that substance might look like. One thing about allergic reactions....they tend to be quick to start up and quick to stop once the trigger is eliminated or gotten away from. What would a dentist inject or use that would create such a long lasting problem? If it was me I'd start looking for other triggers.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:54 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
OP: Did the dentist do a fluoride coating/bath, whatever they do -- I've never had your issue you mention but I don't use Fluoride and just posted a post the other day on allergies and fluoride.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:40 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
There are a lot of things it could be, almost sounds like eczema or another condition called perioral dermatitis. There are a lot of triggers for those conditions. Having an infection can let loose some bacteria. I think you need to see a dermatologist, and keep in mind that cortisone can actually make some of these conditions MUCH WORSE, which happens after you QUIT using it. See another derm, and in the meantime google perioral dermatitis and eczema.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies