U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 04:20 PM

2,540 posts, read 836,890 times

Advertisements

You might look for a location that is ARID. Let's see, where could that be? Well, other than ARIDzona, you might look at the bustling metropolis of Salton City. (BIG Sarc, here!)

Ok, you might look at the desert area of Calif. Palm Springs/Coachella Valley, Cathedral City, are all dry.

Palm Springs...right now...100F...35% humidity....feels like 108F. (This is the coolest it's been all month, btw.) Wind is blowing 9mph, so ya got a "wind chill factor." LOL!

Furnace Creek....right now...109F....6% humidity...feels like 109F! (This is ALSO, the coolest it's been all month.)

Expect a buck twenty plus, by Saturday for BOTH locations, tho....

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 08-31-2020 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: added stuff, ya know?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 10:00 PM

7,977 posts, read 3,691,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So, where do people go now?
My daughter with asthma has a harder time while travelling to LOW elevations. She was born & raised here in Colorado at 7,000 ft elevation.

I know; that runs counter to everything you hear but she swears by it.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:01 PM

12,581 posts, read 8,192,103 times
https://www.healthguideinfo.com/alle...-info/p112518/

But each comes with it's own issues

https://www.aafa.org/allergy-capitals/

Old 10-29-2020, 05:30 AM

89 posts, read 35,663 times
Hi,
In my opinion, Denver and Portland are good places for allergy sufferers.
Thanks.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:26 PM

14,785 posts, read 20,866,389 times
my allergies were always well behaved in florida . Now here in sc they are off the chart . another reason im moving to florida when i retire . 6 yrs and counting .

Old 11-21-2020, 05:11 PM

113 posts, read 46,998 times
It is hard to suggest moving and uprooting your life until/unless you have had a REALLY good workup for what you are allegic to by both an allergist as well as a dermatologist.

I have no seasonal allergies but only to food substances (beef and pork.)

Eczema, too, and so I had the full Patch Testing at dermatologist. Amazing what THAT uncovered. (158 substances in 2 part test) and stuff that causes a response will leave welts and itchy all over your back, which is taped up and you have to wear for 48 hours). When they went to remove the tape there was tons of highly red, itchy welts in the places where I was positive. Turned out to be several common 1) preservatives in personal care products 2) fragrances in personal care and laundry products 3) a few organic essential oils like lavender, tea tree oil, etc. (yes, not all "natural things" are okay for all people).

So eczema problem was easily solved with patch testing. What the patch testing doesn't solve will be solved by the other allergy tests thru bloodwork. I have had ZERO eczema for 5 years now that I have eliminated using certain ingredeints in personal care products, shampoos, laundry detergent, dish soaps, cream and lotions, etc. EASY PEASY!

Allergenic reponses to mold, environmental grasses, and foots, etc. easily solved by testing with allergist or immunologist.

Once you KNOW what it is for you, then you will have a clear pathway ahead as to what you are doing. Otherwise, it's just guesswork and google-doctoring. Spend the money and find out what is making you miserable before moving. .

Old 11-24-2020, 05:10 AM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times
The doctors allergy tests only test a set number of substances they think you may be allergic to - pollen of certain grasses, eggs, peanuts, fish, etc.

However, folks are allergic to all kinds of things from toothpaste to deoderant and everything in between and outside of those. That is why it is important to do everything you can to strengthen your immune system to be able to live with these things and not react to them.

I notice no-one commented on my last post about fasting and that is probably because it is a difficult thing to do. Food means so much to us and going without, triggers some really deep-seated issues in most of us.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to keep a food diary for a couple of weeks to see what is eaten and what causes a reaction. Then the diary can move towards a noticing of the things we place on our skin and everything we put in our mouth. Any of these things can trigger an allergic reaction.

The other thought I had was to find someone who uses a pendulum and see if they do allergy testing, because they may test a wider range of allergens than the doctor tests.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:02 AM

828 posts, read 804,942 times
One reason for me moving from Gulf Coast Alabama to NW Arkansas is to try to get some relief from my allergies and maybe the return of my asthma. We did not realize until this year that my yearly bout with them had to do with the peanut and grass (sod farms) fields surrounding us. It clicked one day while driving and we came across the dust from the peanuts being harvested. It was not very long that I started to have my coughing and wheezing fits. My fits usually means I breath or talk, but not both. At times it really feels like my asthma is coming back. It did not help with all of the dead trees that Hurricane Sally left. I grew up allergic to grass, oak trees, peanuts, etc. and I had to give myself shots once a week for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies