Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 574 times

Advertisements

" Sometimes I'm faking a smile, ask me how I'm really feeling"....This quote is exactly how I feel most of the time when I'm suffering with allergies and I'm around other people at work, Can you relate ??. Hi, I'm new to this forum but I felt an immediate connection to all the posts here, I have skin allergies (bees,rashes, Nothing I tried seemed to work which lead me into having a passion for research, for self healing and home remedies. Using natural methods, ingredients and different foods. I found a couple different solutions that are surprisingly simple that are working well for me on a daily basis and I'm sharing one of them here with you..If your frustrated like I am with the thought of having to take unhealthy medications (side effects) for the rest of your life, I hope this helps you too.....Moderator cut: removed link

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-29-2019 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 08:26 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
I have great compassion for you OP.
This is my first year with serious allergies around pollen for months now, and it’s NO FUN!
Hope you find some relief.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:47 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times
Mountainrose: I just started raw honey from our local Honeyman's store here. Two teaspoons a day, right? I have no idea if this is going to help with my pollen allergies, but it's worth a try. Giving up on all the OTC allergy pills. They all do nothing.
Also made an appointment with an allergist. Hope the raw honey works, so I could cancel the appointment.

My problem is these allergies all turn into a sinus thing and even antibiotics are failing me now. Need a new approach. Thx for your help !

Old 09-29-2019, 10:23 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Azgarden,
Thanks and yes! I used to take local unfiltered local honey for years to keep mild allergies at bay. I totally stopped getting allergies, even to ragweed!! So I stopped the honey a couple of years ago because of the high sugar and now I have allergies again.
I was told it takes around nine months for the honey to really build up your immunity. And it has to be raw unfiltered.
I started again a month ago.
Let’s both check in next spring and see if it worked.
I really want to get off the nasal steroids as they don’t work that well, and I have osteopenia......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies