U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 06:27 PM

6,656 posts, read 7,719,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I'm allergic to Codeine. Makes me itch like crazy, but sometimes the pain relief is worth it.
I am allergic to it as well. And not just that, but *all* opioids, whether natural or synthetic analogs. The pain they cause is worse than the pain they are supposed to alleviate...not to mention the 'brain-fog' that is caused. I can't stand not being able to think.

I am also allergic to mushrooms. At first, I was concerned that the illness I experienced was psychosomatic, but an unplanned and unexpected experiment showed that it was not. I have never heard of anyone else being allergic to mushrooms, but I become severely ill after consuming them, even when unaware that they are included in the recipe. It's OK, I don't particularly care for them anyway, I just have to be careful to make sure that they are not a component of dishes that I otherwise enjoy, particularly Chinese food.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2020, 06:54 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,325,552 times
Pollen. All pollen that ever existed on Earth, all pollen that currently exists on Earth, and all pollen that will exist on Earth in the future. I am also allergic to dust to a lesser extent.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:11 AM

10 posts, read 4,793 times
Before I had allergy shots, I was allergic to most pollen, mold spores, most raw fruits and vegetables, and the smell of skunk. I am still allergic to coffee, cats, and ant stings.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:07 AM

336 posts, read 240,854 times
Everything! You name it and I'm allergic to it. Dust, pollen, grasses, trees, cats, dogs, dust, etc.

I'm currently getting allergy shots and am not doing so well. I think my allergies are just too bad.

Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM

114 posts, read 50,405 times
Hi,

I have an allergic reaction to dust.

Thanks.

Old Today, 06:38 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,325,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by submart View Post
Everything! You name it and I'm allergic to it. Dust, pollen, grasses, trees, cats, dogs, dust, etc.

I'm currently getting allergy shots and am not doing so well. I think my allergies are just too bad.
That is consistent with my 2 experiences with allergy shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies