U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:05 AM

50 posts, read 18,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I don't know if it's just an abnormally good season for allergies or if it's simply because I'm indoors all the time from the lockdown, but my allergies seem to be very tame compared to other years. Hardly any problems at all, unless I take a long walk outside.

Has anyone seen their allergies almost disappear from being inside all the time due to the lockdown?
Good to know that your allergy has almost disappeared. I too have an allergy and I am staying at home but it hasn't affected my allergy. It is the same as it was before but sometimes it gets worse while staying at home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 08:10 PM

18,690 posts, read 23,235,636 times
Nope, my allergies are the same every year. I have not had to be in lock-down because I am considered an essential worker. I will say my allergies were a little better this years than in past years but I still have them.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:45 AM

2,741 posts, read 798,411 times
My allergies are SO BAD today!!! I can barely even see as my eyes are constantly watering up. Have sneezed over and over and have some coughing and a headache. Totally miserable right now.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:56 AM

2,741 posts, read 798,411 times
I couldn't take it anymore as I'm operating on one eye and one nostril (other one completely dripping and useless), so put in my window A/C, closed all of the windows and my slider doors. I prefer natural fresh air but the pollen and dust have gotten to be too much.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:45 PM

5 posts, read 521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I don't know if it's just an abnormally good season for allergies or if it's simply because I'm indoors all the time from the lockdown, but my allergies seem to be very tame compared to other years. Hardly any problems at all, unless I take a long walk outside.

Has anyone seen their allergies almost disappear from being inside all the time due to the lockdown?
I wish they would disappear.

The only benefit is being able to control the environment at home better. I find travelling on public transport a nightmare for my allergies as the air is so poor. Although, not an allergic reaction, I find simple things like perfume people wear acting as a strong irritant which triggers a pseudo-allergic reaction, so being away from other people definitely helps.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:03 PM

13,517 posts, read 7,757,500 times
Have you been wearing a mask? Depending on the mask and they type of allergy it may help reduce the severity of the allergy. Some people wear masks for dust and pollen.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:07 AM

41,373 posts, read 52,663,795 times
Well my food allergies are still the same, as expected, but when I step outdoors the seasonal plants and their pollen seem to find my direction.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:12 AM

4,359 posts, read 1,713,291 times
No, but here’s another angle.

I’m a truck driver, so I never locked down. I’m in a metal can for almost all of my day. It traps all kinds of dust and dirt, not much of a filter.

I get badass morning allergies. Sniffles, sneezes...and coughs. Awkward going into the store for my morning joe and a poo.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:15 AM

32,727 posts, read 36,166,993 times
No one bit. Whatever is blooming out there is coming in through my windows and hitting me whenever I'm outside. I was having coffee with a friend outside and my eyes and nose were causing me grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies