Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 11:35 AM

1,260 posts, read 943,932 times

Advertisements

I went hiking in the Everglades on Saturday. It was pretty hot. I got bit by a ton of mosquitos on my back. The following day on Sunday, I started to have pins and needles sensation on my back. It hurt! It wasn't constant, but it was triggered a few times a day. I noticed that it was triggered when I stepped outside to the hot humid summer air.

Ever since Sunday, it's been more or less the same. Again it's not constant, but 3-4 times a days pins and needles on my back (now feeling it on my chest too). I look at my skin and it doesn't seem like there is a rash or anything there.

Also, this is my first summer here in Miami since moving here in January. I have noticed that it gets triggered when I step outside from the AC into the Miami heat.

Anyone experience something similar? Remedies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 02:54 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Hard to say. There's usually a visible rash or blisters. Prickly heat often occurs in moist areas where skin folds; groin, armpits, etc or where clothing rubs. Call your GP or a dermatologist.

More about heat rashes:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20373276

Old 07-07-2021, 10:32 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
If you could show us a good clear photo of the irritation then we might be able to give you a good clear guess.
Or maybe see a doctor or even better a dermatologist for an exact evaluation and a cure.
Pins and needle feelings....https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...25404#shingles

Old 07-08-2021, 07:26 AM

1,260 posts, read 943,932 times
When you look at my skin you really don't see any rash or bumps. TBH I think it's just a heat rash/prickly heat. It literally would start to act up when I would go outside in the heat.

Today, it is significantly less present. I got a little bit of it, this morning when I went outside, but it was maybe 25% of what it has been the past few days. It actually wasn't painful just mild itichiness, but no pain. I am going to see how the rest of the day goes. Hopefully this is a sign it's going away. If it still persists after today, I will see a doctor.

I am pretty sure it's prickly heat, first Miami summer I experience and I have am pretty active outside every day, and this past weekend I was super super super active outside and in the heat all day every day this weekend, which is when it soon started.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:24 AM

20 posts, read 13,568 times
You went hiking and got rashes. Pretty normal buddy. But still, if irritation persists, don't hesitate to visit your doctor.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:10 PM

421 posts, read 280,729 times
Perhaps it could be an allergy to whatever you were hiking thru. You should see a Doctor about it because it could be something serious like shingles or poison ivy.

Old 10-20-2021, 02:03 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
Perhaps it could be an allergy to whatever you were hiking thru. You should see a Doctor about it because it could be something serious like shingles or poison ivy.
Both of which would probably have resolved on their own without treatment by now...more than 3 months later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies